The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Mastering in logic x pro
Old 18th May 2015
Here for the gear

Mastering in logic x pro

Hello to all fellows! I am using Logic pro x and in the final weeks I work on a 10 songs project. I finished the mix, and imported the audio files for mastering. After the mastering process (using logic plugins) I had a very satisfying result (comparing it to a mastering from a well known studio). I was ready to fly and started bouncing the song to extract it to the final audio file. And then a major disappointment...the result i heard had nothing to do with the result I was listening BEFORE the Bounce. After finishing mastering, I was more than satisfied with the result but the extracted file was very disappointing. So I want to ask , why is that difference between the result I listen before and after the extract audio file.
Old 18th May 2015
Gear Nut

What format are you using? If lossless bounces sound different then you're changing your listening environment or are normalizing or something. Are you maybe listening in a media player with eq or using windows sound enhancement or whatever?
Old 18th May 2015
Gear Nut

LPX running great here.

I believe LPX is one of the most resource-efficient DAWs out there. Sorry to hear your struggling with it.
Old 18th May 2015
Deleted User
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimitrisman View Post
Hello to all fellows! I am using Logic pro x and in the final weeks I work on a 10 songs project. I finished the mix, and imported the audio files for mastering. After the mastering process (using logic plugins) I had a very satisfying result (comparing it to a mastering from a well known studio). I was ready to fly and started bouncing the song to extract it to the final audio file. And then a major disappointment...the result i heard had nothing to do with the result I was listening BEFORE the Bounce. After finishing mastering, I was more than satisfied with the result but the extracted file was very disappointing. So I want to ask , why is that difference between the result I listen before and after the extract audio file.
I have logic... tho 9... and if I put all my mastering stuff on the output of a multitrack session .what I hear and what I get are vastly different ... bounce your mix with no plugins on the master and then master your 2 track bounce ... I have no idea why it is like this but that has been my experience ... it took me a while because my DAW has enough power to do it all in one step... logic does not seem to like it like that
Old 19th May 2015
Gear Head
Question about Logic Pro X. It's a bit off topic and I apologize for this. Here it goes... So I purchased Logic Pro X recently, I come from using PT since 8 all the way to 11. I open a session in LPX and don't see "stereo" option. All I see is lcrs then 5.1 and beyond. I guess it wouldn't matter what I choose since I won't be doing surround so I just send stuff left, right, center and that's it. It's just a bit confusing. So my question is, would it really make a difference which option I use since I'm only going to pan 3 ways?
Old 19th May 2015
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimitrisman View Post
After finishing mastering, I was more than satisfied with the result but the extracted file was very disappointing. So I want to ask , why is that difference between the result I listen before and after the extract audio file.
Nothing.
It must be the same in WAV file and in mp3 320Kbps.

Please check out your export settings and your dithering settings.

Usually the WAV file is exported at 44.100/16 with dithering and the mp3 file at 320Kbps.
Old 19th May 2015
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paschalis I. View Post
Nothing.
It must be the same in WAV file and in mp3 320Kbps.
I'd say that more often then not there's a noticeable difference between WAV's and 320 MP3's in dynamic music on good monitoring gear, especially if it's a bad encoder.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search