The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Easiest ways using Logic Pro X with Pro Tools
Old 18th May 2015
Gear Head

Easiest ways using Logic Pro X with Pro Tools

Just started getting into producing about 8 months ago i've finally got a good grasp on everything and have made a few beats. I have pro tools and Logic. I make my beats in Logic but I was wondering how i could import a beat as one track inside pro tools so i can master in pro tools and get the beat ready for youtube or sound cloud or whatever. If someone can tell me the easiest way that'd be cool. please don't reply if you're not providing an answer. I've already searched for videos.
Old 18th May 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaugghann View Post
Just started getting into producing about 8 months ago i've finally got a good grasp on everything and have made a few beats. I have pro tools and Logic. I make my beats in Logic but I was wondering how i could import a beat as one track inside pro tools so i can master in pro tools and get the beat ready for youtube or sound cloud or whatever. If someone can tell me the easiest way that'd be cool. please don't reply if you're not providing an answer. I've already searched for videos.
1) Just bounce the beat out from the master out in Logic from the beginning of the bar till the end of the beat/song. You can select realtime of offline bounce, bit depth/sample rate etc in your bounce window.

Secondly why do you want to do this? Is there something Pro Tools can do that Logic can't in mastering your beat?
Old 18th May 2015
Gear Head

maybe your right, what is a nice plugin that will give me a more professional sound?. something i can put my beat through and it will make little touch ups to it before i post it. something kinda like a plugin that masters for you.
Old 18th May 2015
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaugghann View Post
maybe your right, what is a nice plugin that will give me a more professional sound?. something i can put my beat through and it will make little touch ups to it before i post it. something kinda like a plugin that masters for you.

So coming out of the mixing stage your mix should sound great to you on your system. The idea behind mastering is treating the audio to sound fantastic anywhere. Corrective eq to fix issues with your room or monitors, light limiting to make it stand out better in noisy environments and be more exciting, maybe some multi band compression and harmonic treatment that just needed another set of ears.

It's basically impossible to master yourself because you need a flawlessly tuned system and your mix benefits from having someone else lend their ears. Algorithms for mastering are basically impossible because telling the difference between cymbals and vocal sibilance is pretty dang hard.

If you are completely happy with your mix on your system + in your car, on your phone, on your laptop speakers etc, you can make it loud by slapping a limiter on the 2bus and adjusting the average RMS level of the track to taste. Anything past that should be addressed in the mix if you're doing the entire process on your own.
Old 18th May 2015
Gear Head

Logic has Channel Strip Settings for the Output channel strip.

In the mixer, click "Setting" at the top of the Output channel strip in the mixer.

Check out the Factory and Legacy settings, and tweak.
Old 1st September 2015
Logic pro x with Pro tools hd

Pro tools with logic Pro x
Hi all, I am no way a newbie having cut my teeth on 8 track then sony MCI 24 TRACK, also mastered early master trax pro and lived happily with cubase to 3.7.

I have just constructed my new (old all my synths are 80's) writing studio.
Getting to grips with pro tools hd as i have the control 24 which i love (as a super mouse). The midi within protools is pretty pants (even with the new midi editor window). But as my main DAW I am getting to really like it. Running Apollo quad 16 io. I like pro tools for tracking and mixing

Logic pro x I only started with in earnest the other week, it is the easiest DAW TO QUICKLY MOCK THINGS UP WITH it is so fast to work in, really intuitive having came from old cubase. ALL DAWS ARE IDENTICAL APART FROM WHERE THEY ARE DIFFERENT

I do not need to export my logic pro x midi etc into protools I have the two happily sync'd and run them simultaneously on the same mac pro. Mac pro 12 core 3.06, ram 48gb running 10hd and logic pro x.

And before anyone asks why do I want to throw it into pro tools, simple main reason the digidesign control 24 big mouse (I don't stick audio through it).
I hate Avids corporate mentality about the same as Apple, so there is no misplaced brand loyalty going on.
Really like Steinbergs ethos
IF IT WASN'T FOR THE CONTROL 24 AVID CAN GO SWIVEL , they have already abandoned at 9k new bit of kit, When HD10 no longer does what I want it will be bye bye Avid. PRO TOOLS the Music industry standard in corporate arrogance.

Last edited by Analogue rocks; 13th September 2015 at 10:46 AM..
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search