The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Logic’s Drummer -> SSD4 Map? Condenser Microphones
Old 14th May 2015
Gear Maniac

Logic’s Drummer -> SSD4 Map?

Has someone successfully mapped Drummer’s MIDI output to SSD4? What are the changes to make to the mapping? Is there a map already out there? I half-remember reading somewhere that Drummer did things that couldn’t be described in standard MIDI?
Old 14th May 2015
Gear Addict

The hi-hat really is the only problem. I created the script in the below link to map the hi-hats. Load the Scripter MIDI FX plugin on either a Drummer track or Instrument track that has SSD4 & MIDI track on it, and load the file from the link below, via "Load..." in the dropdown menu of the Scripter.

Going forward you may want to post Logic-related threads in the Logic Pro X subforum - you'll get more attention from Logic users in there.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...oSSD4HiHat.pst
Old 14th May 2015
Gear Maniac

That sounds really cool! Unfortunately the link comes up 404. I’m hooking up Drummer to SSD4 through the Environment, so I’d put it on the SSD4 track I guess.

Are you mapping the hi-hat to the F#1, G#1, A#1 variants or the C3-... ones?

Sorry about the sub-forum thing—if a mod could move this thread that’d be great.
Old 15th May 2015
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazealigned View Post
That sounds really cool! Unfortunately the link comes up 404. I’m hooking up Drummer to SSD4 through the Environment, so I’d put it on the SSD4 track I guess.

Are you mapping the hi-hat to the F#1, G#1, A#1 variants or the C3-... ones?

Sorry about the sub-forum thing—if a mod could move this thread that’d be great.
Hmm, link must have expired, try this one: https://www.dropbox.com/s/sfytmpu6po...HiHat.pst?dl=0

You don't need to use the Environment at all. Just open a Drummer track and replace the Drum Kit Designer instrument plugin with SSD4, and use the Scripter MIDI FX plugin also on that same track.

I mapped to the F#1 and up variants.
Old 15th May 2015
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nola111 View Post
Hmm, link must have expired, try this one: https://www.dropbox.com/s/sfytmpu6po...HiHat.pst?dl=0
Just tried it and wow, can't thank you enough. Brilliant!

Quote:
You don't need to use the Environment at all. Just open a Drummer track and replace the Drum Kit Designer instrument plugin with SSD4, and use the Scripter MIDI FX plugin also on that same track.
Ha! I was so sure that wouldn't work I didn't even try it, but sure enough it works.
Old 15th May 2015
Gear Maniac

Quote:
I mapped to the F#1 and up variants.
I see you’re switching on event.articulationID, what does that relate to?
Old 15th May 2015
Gear Addict

Quote:
I see you’re switching on event.articulationID, what does that relate to?
The ArticulationID is what determines the openness of the hi-hat in Logic's Drummer. The script translates those articulation ID's to MIDI notes for SSD4 to read.
Old 15th May 2015
Gear Maniac

Quote:
The ArticulationID is what determines the openness of the hi-hat in Logic's Drummer. The script translates those articulation ID's to MIDI notes for SSD4 to read.
Got it. Thanks again!
Old 15th May 2015
Gear Addict

Quote:
Got it. Thanks again!
Sure thing, glad you find it helpful.
Old 13th September 2018
Here for the gear

I'm sorry for raising this old chat from the dead, but I'm having trouble with the script. I don't know what I should do within SSD (mapping wise) to correlate it to the script. And the notes within the script say "change to SSD", but I have no clue what change needs to be made. I can only get 3 hi-hat articulations to execute so far. I basically left the script alone and mapped the hi-hat "shank" section in SSD 46, 61, 62, 63, 64 (SSD hi-hat "tip" section mapped exactly the same, but lowered the volume to inf). The "hi-hat "clamp" and "clamp ring" were mapped to 31 and 33 according to the GM Standard map. I also only see Case 42 and 46 in the script, no 44. And within Case 46 notes it says "find all instances of 44". Confusing. I'm sure there's a simple fix, and I'm thinking WAY too hard about this. Please Help!!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search