The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Looking for a keyboard (qwerty not midi controller) that doesn't vibrate
Old 14th May 2015
Looking for a keyboard (qwerty not midi controller) that doesn't vibrate

Hi guys & gals of GS,

As the title suggests I'm looking for a qwerty keyboard, that isn't going to vibrate inordinately. I noticed recently that my current keyboard makes a nasty hum from any remotely low freqs, I've gone to great lengths to reduce vibration in my studio room so am going to buy a new keyboard. Funnily enough, despite poring over a number of keyboards' specs, no mention is made of whether low end vibrates them

Can anyone recommend one that they use which is a decent enough keyb to use, and doesn't rattle / vibrate? Will potentially save me spanking cash on keyboards that aren't fit for my purpose, as I've got no way of knowing myself short of ordering them and seeing how they go.

Cheers!
Old 14th May 2015
Gear Head
DeCK Legend with cherry black switches here -- they have the strongest springs available in them. Also, the O-ring kits help somewhat. I can't say for sure that they don't vibrate, but I can say that other stuff vibrates way sooner...
Old 14th May 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by jw408 View Post
DeCK Legend with cherry black switches here -- they have the strongest springs available in them. Also, the O-ring kits help somewhat. I can't say for sure that they don't vibrate, but I can say that other stuff vibrates way sooner...
I'll have a look at that one, many thanks for the tip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chokobo View Post
I've found that if you get one of the keyboard covers (which also helps with drinks, and food!) this issue tends to be ameliorated.
Funnily enough when I rest my hands over the keys the issue disappears so this sounds like a great way to be able to buy the keyboard I want and then solve the problem, nice one!
Old 14th May 2015
Gear Nut
I use Ducky Shine 4 Cherry MX Green. Its heavy, premium built, with a metal backplate, doesn't vibarate or flex at all. Quite pricey however (£160)
Old 14th May 2015
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by jw408 View Post
MX Black is not the strongest spring its 60cn. Greys and Greens are heavier with 80cn but that wont really affect the vibration, its the black plate that you have to worry about, make sure its metal
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search