The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Ilok2 stopped working on Mac Pro 5,1, but still works on Macbook
Old 10th May 2015
Here for the gear

Ilok2 stopped working on Mac Pro 5,1, but still works on Macbook

Hello,

I have a really strange problem with my iLok2. I use it on my Mac Pro 5,1 (2010) running on OSX 10.8.5. Worked without a problem for years. I didn't do any updates recently or changes to my system and yesterday the Ilok stopped working.

I've tried changing ports (with USB hub and without), disconnecting all other USB devices so only the ilok was connected. Tried reinstalling the ilok software a few times (including trashing preference files), restarted a few times, resetted NVRAM, without any effect.

The blue led lights up, and a few seconds later it turns off. Sometimes it flashes before it turns off and sometimes the blue led stays on but the license manager won't recognize it. It only happened 1 time that the manager recognized it, but a few seconds later the led turns off and the ilok was disconnected.

The strange thing is that on my Macbook Pro the ilok is working without any problem, so it's not broken.

Anyone experienced this before? What to do?
Old 10th May 2015
Gear Addict

I would get another iLok asap and transfer my licenses to it. Good luck!
Old 10th May 2015
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by serstickman View Post
I would get another iLok asap and transfer my licenses to it. Good luck!
Will that really fix it? Since the ilok is still working on my macbook. Can the ilok be 'broken' just for my mac pro?
Old 10th May 2015
Gear Addict

I don't know that it's "broken" at all. If you MP is showing no other issues outside of the iLok (and as a cMP owner) I'm thinking the safe bet is to get a new iLok and transfer your licenses. YMMV. Peace
Old 10th May 2015
Gear Guru

Get a new iLok. It sounds like it's flakey. Much safer than waiting.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search