The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Arturia Warning - no support for minor updates of your DAW Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 8th May 2015
Gear Head

Arturia Warning - no support for minor updates of your DAW

I am having an issue with Cubase 6.0.7 64bit. It freezes when I close a project. And Arturia support replied this to me:

"We do not guarantee full compatibility with minor updates of DAWs.
We test them in the official versions i.e Cubase 6 or Cubase 7 or Cubase 8 "

That´s right folks! As incredible as this sounds, whenever you install Cubase 6.00, 6.5.0, 7.0, 7.5.0 or 8.0 .... and then decide to update to 8.000001 for whatever bugs you are assure to be found in the "official" version (as Arturia puts it) from Cubase/the-like, be ready to NOT receive any assurances from Arturia that your software will work.

So you have to decide, update Cubase to fix bugs and then having bugs with ARturia software that they won´t bother to look at ... or remain with the buggy xx.00 version of Cubase/the-like but have a working Arturia vst-instruments.

This is UNACCEPTABLE. You are warned. In todays world of software, the support it seems ARturia offers is so limited and unrealistic ... that you may as well consider you have none.

Any company with that king of support will ... perish in time. Mediocre support is NO support.
Old 8th May 2015
Gear Maniac

This seems to be normal support. What do you expect? What a waste of a post.
Old 8th May 2015
Actually I would expect a vendor to supply support for the LATEST version of a DAW.
Old 8th May 2015
Lives for gear

There is a VST spec. Every developer who claims VST compatibility for his product has to be compliant with it. If the VST Host introduces a bug that breaks compatibility, its not the responsibility of the plugin developer to accommodate it.
Old 8th May 2015
OP didn't mention whether it occurred after a DAW patch. 6.0.7 is from 2012. Simply dismissing support because it is not 6.0.0 is ridiculous IMO. We advise our customers to use the latest patch simply because it is less likely to have major issues.
Old 12th May 2015
Here for the gear

mmm, There is a misinterpretation here, we are compatible with the minor updates of these DAWs, and have always been.
Back to the issue, the tests we have done using Cubase 6.0.7 64bit are ok, there is no freeze on Windows 7 (64bits) when closing a project.
tested :
- Oberheim SEM
- Wurlitzer
- Solina
- Analog Lab
- CS-80 V

So the first question is :
Is this happening on all of your projects?
And then:
If not, is it possible to send the cpr file?
If yes, is it possible to make sure there is no issue with the protection system:
What is written in your ASC? activated?

Finally, it could be nice to have a step by step way to reproduce.

Thanks
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search