The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Petition for UAD to model the Empiracle Labs Distressor Dynamics Processors (HW)
Old 7th May 2015
Petition for UAD to model the Empiracle Labs Distressor

Okay fellas, who's with me!!? Lets see how many we can get!! Link to petition - -https://www.change.org/p/universal-a...el8-distressor
Old 7th May 2015
Lives for gear

I signed.
Old 7th May 2015
Lives for gear
Your petition is worded wrong and therefore aimed at the wrong party.

It needs to read.

Imperial Labs please let Universal Audio model your EL8 Distressor

That UA wants to do it is without question.
Old 7th May 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehightenor View Post
I'm picturing a bunch of these guys saying no.
Attached Thumbnails
Petition for UAD to model the Empiracle Labs Distressor-stormtroopers2.jpg  
Old 7th May 2015
Lives for gear
LOL!!
Old 7th May 2015
Lives for gear

A petition!! This is kinda funny.
To be honest - as great as the Distressor is as a hardware unit, it also looks really cool - in the plug-in world there are so many ways to achieve what it does. There's plenty of that even on the UAD platform (the 1176AE with the attack knob set to 25ms for instance). This Distressor does not have a specific "sound" apart from its attack and release times which work well, but it's transformerless and IC based. Not sure if I would buy it if it was released on the UAD platform.

Now the FATSO is different - since it is more than just a compressor - the saturation and HF limiter are very useful tools. What I would buy, is a UAD version of the UBK Fatso (which I have in hardware and is awesome!)
Old 7th May 2015
Lives for gear

^ Have to agree.

The Distressor is a very useful tool, but it's certainly not a snowflake in the compressor world.

Now, a Federal or a BA-6A ... then my interest is piqued!
Old 8th May 2015
Lives for gear

I would love a Joe Meek SC2 for smashing room mics.
Old 8th May 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehightenor View Post
Your petition is worded wrong and therefore aimed at the wrong party.

It needs to read.

That UA wants to do it is without question.
Should I start another petition with the proper wording? I didn't know EL was preventing UA from doing this. I spoke to a rep from UA & he nor any of his managers ever heard about a possibility in the future to model the Distressor. I think it really would be a nice compliment to the already modeled Fatso.
Old 8th May 2015
Enough with the emulations! Do we really need more modeled hardware????

UA should start focusing on pushing tech forward and innovating.
Old 8th May 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverb View Post
Enough with the emulations! Do we really need more modeled hardware????

UA should start focusing on pushing tech forward and innovating.
Or, for example give me side chain/eq access, attack/release options on some of their existing 'classics.
Old 9th May 2015
Lives for gear

Emperical labs might not want their most popular product to became available as a plugin.
Old 9th May 2015
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcom View Post
Emperical labs might not want their most popular product to became available as a plugin.
Exactly!
Old 9th May 2015
Gear Head
I'm fairly certain that Slate digital is working on one.
Old 12th May 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by othersongs View Post
What reason or source leads you to believe they are? I know Sknote is about to release one. I still would like to see a UAD release. The views are up on the petition site, but nobody seems to be signing it. Did I word it wrong or is it simply a lame of request?
Old 12th May 2015
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcom View Post
Empirical labs have an existing relationship with UAD and would no doubt get paid if they did the distressor

Any of the other companies doing "cover versions" wouldn't pay the guy who wrote the song
Old 12th May 2015
Lives for gear

how about a 500 series distressor instead
Old 12th May 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by othersongs View Post
But it will looks different, the name will be different and surely Steven removes highpass filter as we seen on their VMR modules
Old 14th May 2015
A UAD Distressor would be truly awesome and whilst the reps may have been telling the literal truth is most likely, UAD have shown images of racks of gear with Distessor units clearly visible so we can always live in hope. EL would be silly not to do this - after all you can sell a lot more in plugin form with no tedious stock & inventory problems and the UAD EL FATSO is really well done thanks to the "Senior" version with the Dave Derr mods.

Bring it on - although I would admit to wanting native sidechain next, before any new plugins. It would only take a VST3 port, after all.
Old 14th May 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisMiller1982 View Post
The views are up on the petition site, but nobody seems to be signing it. Did I word it wrong or is it simply a lame of request?
I didn't sign it because UA doesn't have unlimited resources and I'd rather have them focus on something else. I wouldn't buy a distressor plug personally.
Old 14th May 2015
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by PassionFlower View Post
I didn't sign it because UA doesn't have unlimited resources and I'd rather have them focus on something else. I wouldn't buy a distressor plug personally.
Awesome!! Thanks for all the support.
Old 14th May 2015
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by PassionFlower View Post
I'd rather see them update the LA3A first.
Old 14th May 2015
Lives for gear

For the folks in the thread who can wait... there is this being developed:

Disto - Distortion and Compression from a well known unit - Beta testing | KVR Audio Forum

Quintino's marketing and release schedule could use some tidying up, but the products are quite good, and it's fairly likely that this will be an excellent plugin.
Old 13th August 2015
With Sly-Fy releasing a Distressor'ish plugin & Sknote about to drop one also. I think its time we revisit the idea of this petition I started. Please help support this. Thanks
Old 13th August 2015
Gear Maniac

sknote distressor & fatso is really coming soon at 29$... really excited!! :D
Old 6th October 2015
With Sknote releasing Disto, thought I'd stir up an old post of mine. Please support!!
Old 18th February 2016
ITS HAPPENING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Looks like Empirical Labs is going ahead & making an official plugin. Guess I can shut down the petition. & to all the people who said its a bad idea, poo on you!!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search