The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Audient ID22 Monitoring: DAW Mix or Main Mix? Audio Interfaces
Old 5th May 2015
Lives for gear

Audient ID22 Monitoring: DAW Mix or Main Mix?

I just picked up an Audient ID22 interface and LOVE IT!. Now I'm just trying to get it setup with Logic Pro X. When using the Audient ID22 software there's a selection of radio buttons that allow outputs on the ID22 to be fed from either the iD DSP mixer main output, the iD mixer cue outputs (A or B), an alternative loudspeaker output. or directly from your DAW (bypassing the iD DSP mixer by paralleling the input straight to the DACs).

The question I have is better to route my mix from Logic to the ID DSP mixer main output (MAIN MIX) or should select the option where I bypass the ID DSP Mixer altogether and go directly to the DAC (DAW MIX) ? When I bypass the ID DSP Mixer (DAW MIX), I have to control the volume within Logic. The volume knob on the ID22 doesn't function when you bypass the mixer. Just trying to see what the pros and cons are of using either path.
Old 6th May 2015
Lives for gear

Hi Keith,

There isn't any difference in terms of latency or audio quality, DAW mix is really meant for if you want to send audio out at full volume for outboard FX processing or sending audio to a headphone amp and you don't need to control the volume. The data still goes down the same path but with DAW mix, none of the monitor controls can be used on it. Best bet for you is probably to go for Main Mix because then you get all the monitor control functions!

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks
Harry
Old 11th May 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by audientworld View Post
Hi Keith,

There isn't any difference in terms of latency or audio quality, DAW mix is really meant for if you want to send audio out at full volume for outboard FX processing or sending audio to a headphone amp and you don't need to control the volume. The data still goes down the same path but with DAW mix, none of the monitor controls can be used on it. Best bet for you is probably to go for Main Mix because then you get all the monitor control functions!

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks
Harry
Harry,
Thanks for the response! This was exactly the information I was looking for.

Much thanks again!
Old 18th June 2017
Gear Addict

I CANT FIND MIXER APPLICATION DOWNLOAD LINK !!!! PLEASE HELP
Old 19th June 2017
Lives for gear

Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search