The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Acustica EQs. Which ones to go for, for which application? Equalizer Plugins
Old 2nd May 2015
Lives for gear

Acustica EQs. Which ones to go for, for which application?

Interested in experimenting with Acustica EQs after trying the new Prime Curve EQ and being pretty blown away.

Was wondering if anyone could chime in and talk about which Acustica EQs work well for which applications? Which EQfor distorted electric guitars, clean electrics, synth basses, drums, overheads, mixbus, etc? Which are really worth looking at and stand out compared to the top plugin brands (Eiosis air eq, kush, softube, slate, Brainworx, etc.)?

Thanks!
Old 3rd May 2015
Lives for gear

Look into HO's All You Can Eat bundle first, it's so cheap and you get a ton of great Nebula presets. IMHO it's a pro audio best buy.

As to what EQ works with what, just grab what you would use in the analogue world, or search Gearslutz, its been covered many times.
Old 3rd May 2015
Gear Maniac

AlexB PoolTeq is a must have. If you need "lively" low, put +2db at 100 hz, you'll be wow. Same with high, though.

or/and Tim Petherick Dualtech, another nice Pultec.

AITB Fate EQ, a nice 1073.

AITB Mammoth, a nice Manley.

Everything AITB, honest.

AlexB CLeQ Classic Logic eQ, SSL4000.

CDSM N-TEN-AT4 EQ/CHANNEL STRIP, a 1084 channel strip.

That's what i use for colors on the main busses. But just put a little, and watch your -18dbfs.
Old 3rd May 2015
Lives for gear

I don't think there is a bad Nebular EQ to speak of... I just have a problem deciding which one to use
my go to's are
tims silk (for tops)
alex's cooltec N10/73E/modern white EQ
to name but a few
Old 3rd May 2015
Lives for gear

I should have specified I'm looking for the Acqua plugins. The ones that don't require nebula. My bad. How about those?
Old 3rd May 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMRECS View Post
I should have specified I'm looking for the Acqua plugins. The ones that don't require nebula. My bad. How about those?
the aqua stuff is stunning ! Titanium & Magenta being my fav
not really suited for mixing duties as of yet, but with there new core6 tech there are some amazing new EQ flavs to come
Old 12th May 2015
Trinity eq works well on almost everything. Its more on the aggressive side but sweet. If I should buy just one, this would be it. Silk eq on the other hand sounds more mellow and rounded to me.its high shelf is sweet. but then once you start using nebula/acustica ud hardly feel like using anything else . Fortunately its faster to work with other plugs so they still have plus es and minus es
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search