The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Sonible Freiraum equalizer plugin suite (video) Equalizer Plugins
Old 28th April 2015
Sonible Freiraum equalizer plugin suite (video)

First product of this company.
Old 28th April 2015
Gear Addict

Sweet! The video froze about half way through, but I like the idea of the plug offering me a 'suggestive' eq strategy based on scanned material. My tin ear can use all the help it can get-just hope it lives up to the hype. How much is it? Did they say?
Old 29th April 2015
I don't know the price but maybe Peter can come here and tell?
Old 29th April 2015
Here for the gear

It's €399.00, it's on there site.

frei:raum - free your recordings | sonible
Old 29th April 2015
Here for the gear
Hi there,

I'm Peter - the one starring in this great little video!
Thanks, Reptil, for shooting this and it was really great to meet you at Musikmesse!

Yes, the actual retail price is €399,- (incl. VAT) as Bangthedrum mentioned but we offer 40% discount for students and lecturers!
So if you're interested in testing just visit our website (frei:raum - free your recordings | sonible) and download the free 14-day trial.
Or if you're even viable for die EDU program don't hesitate to contact us!
We're there to help!
Old 29th April 2015
So if you're outside of the EU or have a company VAT number, you can discount the VAT (I assume it's 19%, since it's the german rate).
It was fun running around on the Messe, welcome to Gearslutz.
Old 29th April 2015
Lives for gear

I initially balked at the $399 price, given how many great EQ plugins there are at much lower prices...

After watching the videos though, I am impressed. Still not sold on the price, but I can see the rationale for it.

What copy protection method is used?
Old 29th April 2015
Lives for gear

It's very interesting and I will check the demo for sure! But I already know that I will not pay full price for it, $199 or even $299 might have been a better price but that's just my opinion. I made the mistake once to pay a lot of money for a software reverb that not many months later suddenly had a > 50% price drop (hundreds of dollars) Don't want to make that mistake again.
Old 11th May 2015
Here for the gear
Robert, sorry, I just stumbled upon your question about the copy protection!

frei:raum uses challenge/response activation via our license servers.
You can use it without limitations for 14 days (only a working internet connection is required) and after that you can reactivate frei:raum by entering a license key as provided on purchase.
Entering the key on up to 2 workstations will generate a license file and you can use frei:raum there without any need for further online communication.

With on of the next releases (probably in mid summer) we will also provide the possibility to activate the license on a standard USB flash drive which then acts as a USB dongle -> hence, a roaming license that can be used on any computer you wish.

Cheers,
Peter
Old 11th May 2015
Lives for gear

Thank you for the response. I will be keeping this product in mind.
Old 17th June 2015
Gear Addict
Looks interesting, too expensive, bought Acon DeFilter instead

prices DO matter

would have loved to compare these two by quality instead of price though

Last edited by r.staettler; 17th June 2015 at 03:54 PM.. Reason: typo
Old 26th August 2015
Gear Maniac

I purchased this EQ (on the I educational discount program that Peter mentioned above). I absolutely love it. I used it following zynaptiq's Unfilter to fix a live recording and the combination was excellent. The manual is short and sweet and worth looking through if and when you try the demo. It highly recommend checking this out, especially if you need to rescue a less than perfect live recording or if you are dealing with field recorded audio for video, also if you are a mastering guy this may be your new secrect weapon.
Old 5th November 2017
Lives for gear
It’s $59 now (80% off sale). Excellent addition to my toolbox, but it won’t replace my beloved Zynaptiq plugins.
Old 7th November 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleer View Post
It’s $59 now (80% off sale). Excellent addition to my toolbox, but it won’t replace my beloved Zynaptiq plugins.
where?
Old 7th November 2017
Old 2nd October 2018
Lives for gear

On sale again at $59.

Debating whether to pick this up or not.
Old 3rd October 2018
GBP
Here for the gear

Cheaper at audio deluxe

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search