The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Need Affordable EQ Software Equalizer Plugins
Old 10th May 2015
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockrz View Post
OK, so far I have experimented with some of these suggestions and it doesn't seem that these are simple EQ programs... they all seem to be for recording.
Could you be more specific and tell us which ones you have tried? We took the time to give you specific suggestions, but you don't take the time to tell us which ones?

"it doesn't seem that these are simple EQ programs...", really? What would you call 'simple' then, seeing as you can differentiate?

"they all seem to be for recording." Ok. So they all seem to be for 'recording' in your understanding. What would the alternative be? Playback? Please elucidate. If you can. What would you give as an example of a simple EQ program, seeing as you claim to know the difference? I am most curious to know.

Quote:
I was originally going off of a friend's suggestion to use an EQ program to have more control over the music output. I have a cheapy Behringer mixer so I'm assuming I can control the music with that and eventually will need to upgrade that after I lean more about operating my sound system.
Is this a question? Or just a confusing statement of fact? That's all very nice to know. Let us know when you have a question to ask.

Quote:
It just seems like there would be a simple EQ program that is just for adjusting music going out from a laptop.

If anyone ever comes across something like this, please let me know.
Why would it seem that to you? For music 'going out of a laptop'? It is almost as if you have worded your non questions in such a way as to be unanswerable. This is a professional audio forum but you come in here with your wisdom of 'it seems'.

As for coming across something like you don't describe, that would be pretty difficult, as you don't tell us what it is you want. Ok, English is not your first language, but I deal with many people like that all the time. Your wording is so (almost) deliberately obfuscated, that I can not see anyone giving any meaningful response.

Could you please just try one more time and ask some kind of meaningful question with this? I hate to be the 'Trollfinder General' with all of this, but you seem to be stretching a point, beyond your lack of ability to speak English. I have had more meaningful conversations with totally non-English-speaking people via charades and sign-language.

I only point this out in the hope of answering your honest question. I totally give you the benefit of the doubt, and am here to help you. Please take no offense at this, it may just be my lack of reading comprehension, but your post seems like total gibberish to me.

In your original post you said 'to be able use Equalizer Software to adjust the music before it goes out to the external sound card' - you were given that very advice then complained that it was not what you asked. I'm totally on your side here and giving you 100 percent of the doubt. What is it you are trying to achieve, exactly?
Old 10th May 2015
Gear Nut

Quote:
Could you be more specific and tell us which ones you have tried?
Sure... I tried the following: Cubase LE5, Reaper DAW, Studio One Free, SPL Free Ranger, HoRNet SW34

After installing each of these, none of them produce a simple EQ screen that enables me to adjust the music which is what I'm looking for.

Apparently these are for recording and adjusting music in a recording project and not for playback music being played on a laptop. I don't want a recording console.

Quote:
What would you give as an example of a simple EQ program, seeing as you claim to know the difference?
I want to play music (as in playback) and open up an EQ program and adjust that music as needed. Maybe I did not make this perfectly clear... this is what I'm looking for.

Quote:
I only point this out in the hope of answering your honest question.
Good, find me a program that allows me to adjust music being played back on my laptop... and I will thank you!

<SNIP>

Last edited by psycho_monkey; 11th May 2015 at 07:26 AM..
Old 10th May 2015
Gear Nut

OK, thanks for the tip
Old 10th May 2015
Gear Nut

Turns out, there is a newbie forum...

"Newbie audio engineering & production question zone"

Thanx
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search