The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Best budget audio interface
Old 16th April 2015
Here for the gear

Best budget audio interface

So i have around £200 and I'm wondering what interface I should get, I'm on a 10.6.8 mac with ableton live 9, and will be recording guitar, vocals, bass and drums, lots of people have been steering me towards focusrite gear but I wanted to know what you guys think, so, what do you recommend?
Old 19th April 2015
Lives for gear
Steinberg UR44 rather than Focusrite.
Old 19th April 2015
Lives for gear

I had a really bad experience with a Scarlett 18i6, so another no to Focusrite. I've had a lot of people recommend me Steinberg stuff, like the UR22 or 44. In the end, I got a Presonus Firestudio Mobile.
Old 19th April 2015
Gear Head

UR22 Built like a tank !
Old 19th April 2015
Gear Addict

Yeah go with the Steinberg UR44 !
Old 19th April 2015
Gear Nut

Depends a bit on your input/output needs. I got the one SoundOnSound crowned best sounding under £400 (or something like that), which is TC Electronics Desktop Konnekt6. Sounds damn good to me, got stereo in/out plus 1 ch very clean mic preamp. The addition of many manual controls, such as volume (main out and headphones got separate volume controls), direct monitoring, mono- and dim switch, led meters, and on-board reverb doesn't hurt, plus it sits nicely on a desk.
It's got a dual driver system, so it can run both your system- and DAW audio independently at the same time.
Hooks up to firewire, and despite what old rumors may say this one has never acted up for me, ever. Used prices should be about £100. But it's not T.C.s most recent thing, so any resale value won't be high.

Last edited by Samando; 20th April 2015 at 12:15 AM..
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search