The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Apogee Duet 2 distortion problem. Audio Interfaces
Old 16th April 2015
Gear Nut

Apogee Duet 2 distortion problem.

So this card was fine until a couple of months ago. Now every few hours it just takes a dump and all of a sudden gets totally distorted. No matter which app I am using. (Logic, Ableton, VLC....anything). Has anyone else experienced this? It's SO annoying. I have to unplug it wait a few seconds then plug it back in....
Old 16th April 2015
Gear Maniac

Might be the hen way that's actually inside the unit. Have you contacted Apogee about the issue?
Old 16th April 2015
Gear Nut

Nope. Thats not a bad idea. =)
Old 16th April 2015
Lives for gear

If it's not a problem with the henway, it could be the updog. Better give our Tech Support guys a call: 310.584.9394 x300
Old 16th April 2015
Gear Nut

Updog? cool name! OK I will call tomorrow. thanks guys =)
Old 16th April 2015
Lives for gear

Something similar happened to me and it turned out to be a bad cable.
Old 22nd April 2015
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonSpacht View Post
If it's not a problem with the henway, it could be the updog. Better give our Tech Support guys a call: 310.584.9394 x300
Having the same problem, ever since I upgraded to Yosemite and PT 11.
Toggling the sample rate every 5 minutes... No fun.
Old 23rd April 2015
Gear Nut

Ya the sample rate does change.....good call.

I think it was since a recent Yosemite update too.....maybe.....I am still going to call though. Just have been busy with work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erickaye View Post
Having the same problem, ever since I upgraded to Yosemite and PT 11.
Toggling the sample rate every 5 minutes... No fun.
Old 23rd April 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by emperor View Post
Ya the sample rate does change.....good call.

I think it was since a recent Yosemite update too.....maybe.....I am still going to call though. Just have been busy with work.
Make sure you don't have the Duet selected for system sounds.
Old 24th April 2015
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Porto View Post
Make sure you don't have the Duet selected for system sounds.
OSX sound effects? I do....why shouldn't I?
Old 24th April 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
OSX sound effects? I do....why shouldn't I?
What is the sample rate of the Duet set to in OSX Audio/Midi control panel? Is it different than the sample rate of your project? If so, it is possible that any time a system sound is triggered, OSX is forcing the Duet to switch the sample rate mid-project.

You definitely want to set System Sounds to be played through internal speaker.
Old 24th April 2015
Gear Nut

No this is just random.....even if I'm not in a 'daw'.........like if I am just listening to something on Soundcloud even.....why would I use internal speakers? For instance if I am listening on Soundcloud I do't want to use internal speakers. I want to use the Duet...
Old 24th April 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
No this is just random.....even if I'm not in a 'daw'.........like if I am just listening to something on Soundcloud even.....why would I use internal speakers? For instance if I am listening on Soundcloud I do't want to use internal speakers. I want to use the Duet...
I'm talking about system sounds...sound effects, alerts, etc. Not system audio. They can be assigned independently.
Old 24th April 2015
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Porto View Post
I'm talking about system sounds...sound effects, alerts, etc. Not system audio. They can be assigned independently.
System sounds going through internal speakers. Distortion still appearing randomly, with and without Protools open. The only way to remove distortion is to toggle the sample rate.
Old 25th April 2015
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by erickaye View Post
System sounds going through internal speakers. Distortion still appearing randomly, with and without Protools open. The only way to remove distortion is to toggle the sample rate.
Ya....what Erickaye said. Same.
Old 2nd May 2015
Gear Nut

It actually hasn't done it for a couple a weeks............maybe it was fixed with a Yosemite update. =)
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search