The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
I think the reason music sales are in massive decline is:
Old 10th September 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camera View Post
Radio? What does radio have to do with the music industry these days?

That's a horse drawn cart as far as most are concerned.
As far as breaking new bands go, radio is very much relevant.
Old 10th September 2012
Gear Addict

I suppose that depends where you live. Over here there is only one station that does that and even then they don't play anything that I like.
Old 10th September 2012
Triple J are pretty important and widely listened to.

I don't like it much either.
Old 10th September 2012
Gear Addict

I wonder what happened? All through the 90's and half of the 2000's it was great. Then all those dull "indy" and emo bands filled up most of the play lists.

It is funny how I have found more music that I like on gearslutz, youtube and surprisingly I found out about a great band on David Letterman.
Old 10th September 2012
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennybro View Post
People consume entertainment differently now. The major music consuming demographic now views music as the backing track of their personal celebrity; the soundtrack for their personal FB timeline. It's all about me today; not you. You're suppose to be my fan. Me being your fan diminishes me in this culture.
Wise, wise, wise words and insight!
Old 10th September 2012
Eat
Lives for gear

i don't get it... why would anyone that uses a computer be listening to over the air radio?

not only does virtually every traditional radio station stream thru the web, there's also a gazillion internet stations playing every kind of music.... and don't even mention all the talk and current affairs programming and podcasts as well.

computer into stereo system and voila
Old 10th September 2012
Lives for gear

habit
convenience-there are radios everywhere still, in cars, stand alone, in devices, etc
better sound-often radio receivers are hooked up to beefier sound system
Old 10th September 2012
Eat
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by relaxo View Post
habit
convenience-there are radios everywhere still, in cars, stand alone, in devices, etc
better sound-often the radio reciever is hooked up to beefier sound system

i still don't get it if you are with computer or one of those smart phone things (don't own one... or a cell... well, i do, but just for emergency) that you'd bother with over air radio.

many cars have mini input jacks for mp3 players.... can't you use also use a smart phone to stream radio while driving? i think cars are beginning to be equipped with internet access as well.

heck, for a while i was simply using an app like airfoil to record whatever on my computer, dump hours and hours and hours and hours of songs on an mp3 player to listen in the car. even if your car doesn't have a jack, there's headphones (although i necessarily wouldn't do that in city traffic where i need to be uber alert, but on highway drives)

and like i say... at home, all you have to do is plug your computer into your stereo. i do it wirelessly over my airport express.

my opinion would be that listening to an over air radio nowadays is the antithesis of ease except for the shortest of car trips where you might just want something on
Old 10th September 2012
Gear Addict

Except for most people bandwidth is metered, and radio waves aren't.
Old 10th September 2012
Eat
Lives for gear

i see
Old 10th September 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eat View Post
i don't get it... why would anyone that uses a computer be listening to over the air radio?
Because people listen to the radio at work, or in their car.
Old 10th September 2012
Gear Maniac

most kids have earphones ande endless bieber, perry, megadeath on the ipodphones, no radio
Old 10th September 2012
Here for the gear

Can anyone help me? I am new to this board and I can't figure it out. I am trying to sell a STANDEL 25L15 VINTAGE PLUS- Combo Amplifiers for my Husband. Where the heck do I go to post this. This board is quite confusing.
Old 10th September 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisso View Post
Triple J are pretty important and widely listened to.

I don't like it much either.
There's nothing like JJJ here in the San Francisco Bay Area, for sure. WIsh there were and radio would be relevant, again.
Old 10th September 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by music equiptment View Post
Can anyone help me? I am new to this board and I can't figure it out. I am trying to sell a STANDEL 25L15 VINTAGE PLUS- Combo Amplifiers for my Husband. Where the heck do I go to post this. This board is quite confusing.
Did you already throw all his clothes on the front lawn?

So you would sell a guitar amplifier at the buy/sell area on a website called Harmony Central and other guitar sites like mylespaul.com have free classifieds as well. Then there is your local Craigslist if you want an easier sale for less money often or national audience Ebay for more money but then less after paying all those fees. You probably have to pack up and ship that heavy amp which is a huge PITA. Here at Gearslutz is not really good for selling instruments and amps. We only sell boring studio stuff like equalizers and wires.

This section is the pirating section where we trade ripped album CDs and songs for free to exploit artist's hard work and talent. Artists are the perfect sacrificial lambs to make everybody else's life easier. And stealing an artist's life's worth of work these days is like shooting fish in a barrel.
Old 11th September 2012
Gear Addict

Oh the sarcasm, you could cut it with a knife!
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search