The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Google paying off reporters?
Old 9th August 2012
Gear Addict

To add note, it is pure speculation at this point that Google has paid any bloggers or journalists. From the article,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffington Post
One of the more well-known bloggers on intellectual property matters and on the Oracle vs Google case, Florian Mueller, revealed three days into the trial that Oracle had recently become a consulting client of his. People who followed the case said they weren't aware of any other similar examples.
Mueller has long been suspected as a shill for various parties, so it isn't a great surprise that he has now admitted such. It will be interesting to see how the matter shakes out, and whether Google has financial ties to issuers of public commentary on Oracle v. Google, but suffice to say the title to this thread is -- at present -- highly speculative (if not rather off-topic to the forum, except on the basis of a perception of Google as an imminent enemy of the music industry [a perception of extremely questionable merit itself]).
Old 9th August 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by aroundtheworld View Post
To add note, it is pure speculation at this point that Google has paid any bloggers or journalists. From the article,

Mueller has long been suspected as a shill for various parties, so it isn't a great surprise that he has now admitted such. It will be interesting to see how the matter shakes out, and whether Google has financial ties to issuers of public commentary on Oracle v. Google, but suffice to say the title to this thread is -- at present -- highly speculative (if not rather off-topic to the forum, except on the basis of a perception of Google as an imminent enemy of the music industry [a perception of extremely questionable merit itself]).
google has plenty of it's own shills, don't worry...
Google and Facebook's new tactic in the tech wars - Fortune Tech
Old 10th August 2012
Google has shills not only in the news media but also in academia. They make massive grants to both the Harvard and Stanford law schools to insure a constant flow if favorable opinions from "respected academic legal experts".
Old 10th August 2012
Lives for gear

None of this surprises me in the least. Tip of the iceberg stuff.
Old 11th August 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennybro View Post
None of this surprises me in the least. Tip of the iceberg stuff.
Yup. Google's propaganda budget is both huge and impossible to determine accurately, given the innumerable ways they have to disburse money to influence opinion. Legal lobbying is the smallest part of it.
Old 12th August 2012
Gear Addict

I can't even reply to this thread in advanced mode, because it only functions if I let Noscript enable googleapis.com.

Noscript is a plugin for Firefox and it shows (and blocks if the user wants) embeded scripts from third party sites.

It's really, well, interesting, to surf the web with Firefox and Noscript.

Basically there are no more websites without scripts by google (apis, ads, analytics) and facebook.

Some Sites don't work anymore without google. For instance, I can't download drivers and stuff for my workstations mainboard without enabling google scripts.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search