The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Band Flyer Etiquette
Old 6th August 2012
Gear Nut

Band Flyer Etiquette

Hey, so I just designed my first flyer for my 2nd show. I got in contact with a musician in another town and said we should team up and do shows in each other's towns. So, I did the booking, paid the money to rent the place for the show, designed the flyer, and put them all up. Now, the flyer is a template I created so that I can just fill in show specific info at the bottom and not have to design a new flyer each time. I probably would have done something that graphically focused more on both of us if I had the time, but I was rushing to get the design totally finished and then printed in time to start putting them up.

Well, I posted on facebook that I had just put up a bunch of flyers and the other musician told me to post one on his wall, so I did. And he was just like "it looks great..."

From his usually interaction, it just seemed like he was disappointed. Maybe I'm reading into it to much and he was just in a hurry, but for future reference, did I do anything wrong by making a flyer that's focused mostly on myself?
Attached Thumbnails
Band Flyer Etiquette-8-16-12-show.jpg  
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search