The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Buying twitter followers!
Old 22nd August 2012
Lives for gear

The only time I'd consider buying followers would be if I hit Twitter's follow-limit.

Twitter lets you follow 2,000 users total. If you want to follow more than 2,000 users you need to grow your own followers list, at a ratio of around ten new followers allowing you to follow eleven new users. I'm following around 1,100 accounts right now and I'm not adding a lot so I'll probably never need to buy followers, but $20 to buy 1,000 (or 10,000!) fake followers would probably be worth it for heavy Twitter followers/users.
Old 22nd August 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by AyA View Post
I can spot the flaw in your plan...

You supposed to rent hookers.

The mail order bride I purchased told me so.
I dont like china plastic mics i dont like china plastic girlfriends!
Better renting a...U47 for an hour!

;-)
Old 22nd August 2012
Eat
Lives for gear

glad i'm on the other side of middle age. this internet crap is out of control... a total prison cell. its gonna be where you're gonna have to be online just to take a **** and a potential employer is gonna be able to judge whether to hire you on its color and smell.
Old 22nd August 2012
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by skira View Post
The only time I'd consider buying followers would be if I hit Twitter's follow-limit.

Twitter lets you follow 2,000 users total. If you want to follow more than 2,000 users you need to grow your own followers list, at a ratio of around ten new followers allowing you to follow eleven new users. I'm following around 1,100 accounts right now and I'm not adding a lot so I'll probably never need to buy followers, but $20 to buy 1,000 (or 10,000!) fake followers would probably be worth it for heavy Twitter followers/users.
Or you can just unfollow a few ;-)
Old 22nd August 2012
Lives for gear

Speak of the devil, devil appears.

NYT article on the subject, just posted:
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/23/fa...-for-sale.html
Old 23rd August 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by reggiesears View Post
It's all about hype. The more followers the more "famous" the public thinks you are. They buy hype. Its been happening since the Beatles and even before. Same old game, just a new way to play it.
Sinatra's manager paid girls to yell "Frankie" and faint at shows.
Old 24th August 2012
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by skira View Post
Speak of the devil, devil appears.

NYT article on the subject, just posted:
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/23/fa...-for-sale.html
AND....it doesn't just apply to Twitter or Facebook. All people need is to THINK you're someone. Let's put this into practice in the real world...

Old 24th August 2012
Deleted User
Quote:
Originally Posted by wcb123 View Post
As far as YouTube used to be concerned, plays put you up the keyword search ladder which was very useful. Not sure if that's the case anymore.

If you go to the Black hat forums you can see all the dodgy digital marketing guys and scammers discussing the latest bots. You'll also be amazed at the lengths some of them go to to scam people on Facebook.

I worked for record labels in marketing. Black hat (unethical) tactics was and probably still is industry standard.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Gearslutz App
i think duration has moved up the search ladder
Old 24th August 2012
AyA
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned Tugent View Post
AND....it doesn't just apply to Twitter or Facebook. All people need is to THINK you're someone. Let's put this into practice in the real world...

There is a big difference between looking like a dickhead and actually being one...

I should know.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search