The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
A few PPL (UK) questions
Old 14th September 2011
Lives for gear

A few PPL (UK) questions

Hi guys

Can someone please tell me how it's possible to be both a performer and a rights holder with PPL? When you sign up, you must choose one or the other. I chose 'performer' because my record label already has a PPL account as a rights holder.

However, surely it's possible to split the royalties up depending on who did what on a track?

When the label guys register the song using the PPL Java Application, all the contributors are listed however most of these are not PPL registered, and it's currently set up to go to 100% label. I saw the app the other day, and none of us can see how to give a 'performer' a percentage share, you must be a 'rights holder'.

I called PPL and the nice lady said that they like to/generally pay the money all to one bank account (the record labels usually) and if you split up the money after that, that's between you and the label. She basically was indicated that it wasn't really worth it for artists to sign up with PPL because they are aimed at paying out to labels.

This seems to contradict what i've read here and in a few other places.

I'm part of many recordings that have received decent airplay, in various capacities, so i'm confused as to what i should be doing.

If anyone could help out on this, that would be great, thanks!

Eddie
Old 14th September 2011
Lives for gear

If anyone roughly knows a ratio of how much PPL payout you might get vs PRS, i.e. £100 PRS = £xx PPL royalties, that would be great - but please don't turn it into the other thread!

Thanks,

Eddie
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search