The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
how busy are you ?
Old 3rd September 2011
Lives for gear

how busy are you ?

how busy are you ?

what percent of the time that you would like to spend on music business )NOT messing around with your own projects) so as to make some money ?

also post whether you are part time when you can find the work or trying to do it full time
Old 4th September 2011

for 14 years - as busy as hell. As of Monday last - sat doing fek all with no work on the books.
Old 4th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldeanalogueguy View Post
how busy are you ?

what percent of the time that you would like to spend on music business )NOT messing around with your own projects) so as to make some money ?

also post whether you are part time when you can find the work or trying to do it full time
What if "messing around with your own projects" is how you make money?
I don't play out, i'm a songwriter. (mostly)
I do a few other things to supplement my income, but i don't have a typical day job. Writing music is my day job. Of course, working at home can cause it's own distractions... like typing this into some forum...
I try to stay disiplined, as i do like to eat. (which would be a hell of a lot easier if people didn't think stealing from art creators was somehow a given)
Old 8th September 2011
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldeanalogueguy View Post
how busy are you ?

Doing my own projects IS how I make my money. (Well, not ALL of it, but the majority and my ultimate goal is to be 100% in-house). Outside jobs now just seem to be a distraction. The good thing about working for yourself is you're ALWAYS busy.

That can be a bad thing as well.....I desperately need a vacation and the best I could do this summer is a day and a half off....
Old 9th September 2011

....and back to full on work again.
Old 9th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by drBill View Post
(...)
That can be a bad thing as well.....I desperately need a vacation and the best I could do this summer is a day and a half off....
What is this "vacation" thing you speak of?
Your strange words confuse me. heh
Old 9th September 2011
Gear Nut

I mainly just mix pre-recorded material for local groups & write music for solo artists (lots of sample based work) and local media. I'm more of a songwriter than an engineer but I love mixing tracks.

I have a friend who owns a nice studio and we spend days in there messing around with different set ups & share knowledge. I like to teach him a thing or two! haha

It's not as busy as I'd like because I'm using a converted room and don't have the luxury of a live room. But i'm in the process of getting a proper studio with a live room. So, fingers crossed business will start booming :o)
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search