The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Is Broadjam good? Digital Converters
Old 3rd September 2011
Gear Maniac

Is Broadjam good?

Looking for Licensing opportunities & came across Broadjam.
I've found a few bad reviews but they were fairly old posts.
What's the latest word on these guys??

I'm familiar with Taxi, are there any other decent companies
like these guys that are worth looking at?

Thanks
Sean
Old 3rd September 2011
Lives for gear

I followed a Greg Wells link from here last nite and ended up on music180?

Anyone deal with music180? It seems like a good place to network, but do you have to spend $299 to get some decent features.

Do the smaller prices pkg not enable you to get a critique on a track.

Sorry to derail here but this site looks like a new paradigm.
Old 7th September 2011
Here for the gear

Broadjam

Hey Ringwraith,
I'm a longtime lurker and I saw your question about Broadjam and I just wanted to reply.

I work for Broadjam here in Madison, WI. We have honest-to-goodness music licensing opportunities as well as success stories and we exist to help independent musicians. If you have any questions at all, I'm happy to answer them personally - email me at [email protected] or call me at 608-271-3633 x.223

And brockorama - as an artist, I'm really interested in music180, too. If you give it a try, please let us know your experiences.

Thanks!
Mike Huberty
Broadjam
Old 7th September 2011
Gear Head

Just my 2 cents.. I am a broadjam member and have used music180. As far as broadjam goes, I've had my doubts, but think in the long run it's legit. I've had several of my songs selected, and haven't seen any checks. 2 yrs now. It seems like everytime I drop my subscription for a month one of my songs makes a top ten list. Thought that was odd.

As far as music 180 goes, I think it's brilliant! I talked to a big named engineer/producer over the phone for an hour and a half for a fair price. He ran over a half hour with no problem and was obv. Very informative.
Old 10th September 2011
Lives for gear

These services are always a tough gig no matter how well intentioned because there are always way more people than there are actual opportunities.

The fact that anyone actually gets a shot from these services is a miracle in itself.

There are no magic bullets, and like a lot in the entertainment business there's also a fair amount of luck involved.

Posted from a scoring stage or recording studio via the Gearslutz iPhone app
Top Mentioned Products
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search