The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Modern Beats Song Sumbmit
Old 25th July 2011
Lives for gear

Modern Beats Song Sumbmit

"Song Submit is a music forwarding service that connects musicians
to Label/Film/TV Music Execs. Upload Your Music & Get Connected!!!"

I'm currently trying out this service and can't make up my mind as to whether this is worth the effort or just a semi-scam. I can find very little straight forward information on the site.

I've submitted a couple of tracks (they got "selected", whatever that really means) so I'll get back to you on how that went.

Anyone has any experience to share on this? Any similar services that you've used in the past? Good? Bad?

Ok, you get it.

Share ...

Last edited by Sotsirc; 25th July 2011 at 02:16 PM.. Reason: grammar
Old 25th July 2011
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sotsirc View Post
"Song Submit is a music forwarding service that connects musicians
to Label/Film/TV Music Execs. Upload Your Music & Get Connected!!!"

I'm currently trying out this service and can't make up my mind as to whether this is worth the effort or just a semi-scam. I can find very little straight forward information on the site.

I've submitted a couple of tracks (they got "selected", whatever that really means) so I'll get back to you on how that went.

Anyone has any experience to share on this? Any similar services that you've used in the past? Good? Bad?

Ok, you get it.

Share ...
Generally services like this don't get you anywhere half decent/worth your efforts.

But don't take that as gospel as some people have been able to have success with this kind of thing.

Old 26th August 2011
I recently submitted some work,waiting on it to be reviewed.
Old 31st August 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaP View Post
I recently submitted some work,waiting on it to be reviewed.
The only "review" I've got so far is a "copy and paste" answer that says nothing about the song in question. Have got a few songs selected, though. But I'm yet to make single dollar ... We'll see, I'll try it out for some time.
Old 6th September 2011
Yeah i just got selected waiting on final word now.Hope something good comes of this ,but im not holding my breath on it.
Old 6th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaP View Post
Yeah i just got selected waiting on final word now.Hope something good comes of this ,but im not holding my breath on it.
Yeah, I got selected a few times, even ended up on their top 20 list. Got an email one time saying there was interest and I got an email address to the "label guy", never heard back from them, and to be honest they didn't seem super serious (for instance the guy was using a gmail address). Seems like a lot of people are trying to make money and are reluctant to give it away.

So far nothing in terms of deals/money, but I haven't heard of any other service like this so I guess I keep trying for a while trying not to spend to much money on this.
Old 29th January 2012
Gear Addict

I do have the same doubts about this service. Every now and then I have been submitting beats and songs (for over 2 years period of time), most of them have been selected and once even my song got picked by some a&r guy who mediates songs to 'growing Asian music market'. I've been emailing the a&r guy with few more songs and a question if I should keep sending stuff. He replied positively. But that's it. I recently googled his name and found nothing which is what puts a whole question mark on the whole thing.
I almost wrote them an email enquiring some successful example of their service.

So if anybody has had success with it or knows someone with a successful submission (and can back it up) let us know.
Old 4th March 2012
Lives for gear

Yes, I would love to hear some success stories about this service. I think there might be a few serious requests on this site but most of them seem to be less than serious and probably a win-win situation between them and Modern Beats, but not to the advantage of us users.
Old 13th May 2012
Here for the gear

The service works

Ive been using this program for 2 years now and have had successful connections I've made by submitting my music. I was rejected a few times in the beginning but learned to really read deep into the discriptions and reference material they suggest to design in the similar styles of. After I figured that out I've been selected for 90% of my most recent campaigns.

I've made 2 strong connections with TV publishers and have had my music played on America's next top model, the Aubrey Oday show and Etv news. I've been paid for my work and continue to get royalties through ASCAP for my work. I did get a connection like the other guy did with music in the Asian market and don't know if I trust it, I sent a bunch of music and haven't gotten anything out of it.

What I would suggest is research each campaign and see if it's right for you. Some will say long term relationship which is what I have done with the 2 media companies I am now apart of. The ones that say for Internet radio placement, mixing services or dj blast services are a waste of time. I doubt you will recieve any compensation for your work. They do have some artist placements from time to time but some of them are no name artist.

So yes it does work I have made 5 connections with various companies, not everyone worked out. I now have connections in the biz and I am paid for my music. I hope this helps people doubting trying the service out.
Old 13th May 2012
MediaMix
^^^^^^^

first post huh
Old 20th June 2012
Gear Maniac
Old 16th June 2015
Here for the gear

Any updates on this? Any success? Connections?
Old 15th July 2015
Here for the gear

Just got two songs selected not yet connected but ill keep yal posted.
Old 17th July 2015
Here for the gear

I've had 19 selected over the past 2.5 weeks. No tangible connection yet but it's still early in the game.
Old 29th July 2015
Gear Addict

I've been connected with 3 music executives thus far.

The first one was for Orange Publishing who licenses music to keeping up with the kardashians.

The guy's name is Henry Olmino. I signed away 4 of my beats for 2 years. Strictly exclusive.

We have been emailing each other back n forth but I have not heard back from him in 2 months.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search