The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
More... Touring is(n't) going to save music.
Old 30th December 2010
More... Touring is(n't) going to save music.

Quote:
A comparison with the same charts in 2009:
The Top 50 Tours Worldwide 2010 grossed a combined $2.93 billion which was down about 12% from last year's $3.34 billion. Total tickets sold was 38.3 million which was down about 15% or 7 million from 2009's 45.3 million. Total show count was down about 8% to 2,650. The only number to increase was the average ticket price which went up $2.86 or about 4%.

The Top 50 Tours North America 2010 grossed a combined $1.69 billion which was down about 15% from last year's $1.99 billion. Total tickets sold was 26.2 million which was down about 12% from 2009's 29.9 million. Total show count was down about 3% to 2,114. Unlike the Worldwide chart, the average ticket price in North America dropped $1.55 or about 2%.
The Top 50 tour list is completely dominated by old industry model acts, primarily veteran acts (McCartney, Roger Waters, AC/DC, The Eagles).
Notable exceptions being Lady Gaga at #4, although she played almost double the amount of shows than most others, Michael Buble at #6, Justin Bieber at #17 and Taylor Swift at #27.
http://www.pollstarpro.com/files/Cha...ncertTours.pdf
Old 30th December 2010
Lives for gear

So, is the touring industry downturn also due to piracy somehow?
Old 30th December 2010
Don't be super silly.
This question has been asked before, and I've answered it many times.

Yeah, your sentence really does deserve the facepalm.
I'm not answering it depth again (look it up!!).
But the short answer is yes.
And I'll be generous enough to give you a clue.......
Playing live is going to save musicians (apparently), therefore more musicians are forced to play live.
Old 4th January 2011
Gear Nut

torrents/newsgroups/'mediashare like sites' must be stopped
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search