The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Question for those of you in the music business regarding CD prices Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 27th December 2010
Lives for gear

Question for those of you in the music business regarding CD prices

I went to Amoeba and bought a bunch of CDs today. It seems most of the new CDs go for 11.98-13.98 and the used ones go from 1.99 (for the bargain bin) up to 9.99 for the normal "used" price range.

But as I was flipping you through the racks I saw that all of the old Metallica albums are going "new" for 17 or 18.98, and I think the cheapest I saw any of them used was 10.98 or 11.98.

There were plenty of new and used ones available, and none of these were out of print or anything. Why do the Metallica CDs cost more than the other CDs out there?
Old 27th December 2010
10.98 dollars or 10.98 cents?
Old 27th December 2010
Because it's frontline product without discounting. It's a long conversation to get into the complexity of retail pricing in the record industry... but in other words the label is not paying for any discounting and neither is the retailer.
Old 27th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lives For Fuzz View Post
Because it's frontline product without discounting. It's a long conversation to get into the complexity of retail pricing in the record industry... but in other words the label is not paying for any discounting and neither is the retailer.
Are there any other artists who do that?
Top Mentioned Products
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search