The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
How do you get in touch with a producer
Old 26th December 2010
Gear Maniac

How do you get in touch with a producer

Lots of questions here, don't know much about this stage in music.

Iv recorded all the demos, im ready to get them produced and recorded in a studio.. But how do i find producers? is it possible to get in touch with producers that produced some of my favorite bands? is it unlikely they will listen to my demos? Are the people that record/mix the music the same people that produce it?

or do i just need to have alot of $$ and go to a high end studio?? I don't mind paying more if i'm getting more.
Old 28th December 2010
Usually much of this occurs through 'buzz'.
You play live and a 'buzz' builds about your band. Record companies and record producers hear about your project via the grapevine (buzz).
You release self made recordings yourself or through a small indie, and buzz builds from that.

You're trying to go from stage 1 to stage 5, while sidestepping the stages in between.
However, you could look for producers with My Space pages, or via Soundcloud.
Try Google, quite a few producers have their own websites with contact info.
Old 28th December 2010
Lives for gear
How do you get in touch with a producer?

Easy, the same way women find a man, you hang a pork chop round your neck!
Old 28th December 2010
Gear Maniac

hahahaa thanks man im gonna give that a try
Old 28th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Byre View Post
How do you get in touch with a producer?

Easy, the same way women find a man, you hang a pork chop round your neck!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilic
hahahaa thanks man im gonna give that a try
CAREFUL!!

The female you're going to attract that way...
... will most likely be of the K9 species!
Old 28th December 2010
Gear Nut

Bilic...like Chris said, do a search on the web for someone in your area, although some producers are willing to travel outside their "comfort zone" if the $$ is right, or, of course, you can travel to them. In any case, you will need $$ for production costs.
Getting in touch with big name producers is usually done through their managers. Do not expect anyone with a track record to work on spec...unless your stuff is so groundbreaking (which it very well may be) and even then, if they think they can sell/place it, they will want a large chunk of it, as they deserve it.
Producers often record and mix themselves, it depends on the budget.
In any case, congratulations on actually considering getting one, as so much stuff out there is self-produced...and we all know what that sounds like!
Best,
Alex.
Old 14th January 2011
Here for the gear

Craigslist has a musicians classified section. I've found it quite helpful.
Old 15th January 2011
Gear Nut

Hi what kind of dollars are you looking to spend i'm not a professional producer but i have about 6 years experience working from my home studio
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search