The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Sound Exchange : Come Get Yer Money! Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 20th May 2010
Sound Exchange : Come Get Yer Money!

Exclusive: SoundExchange Holding Over $200 Million In Unpaid Artist Royalties... - Digital Music News

Quote:
At SXSW recently, SoundExchange was trying to match $1 million in unpaid artist royalties. But the non-profit is holding an unpaid royalty account of more than $200 million, according to documents obtained by Digital Music News and information shared directly by the company. And, given the growth arcs, the amount may be quite a lot more.
Performer / SRCO Home
Old 21st May 2010
Lives for gear

Nobody seems concerned. I posted on this in March. From an LA Times article.

take-your-royalty-checks-soundexchange-begs

hopefully, more folks will pay attention to the geek.
Old 15th July 2011
Gear Maniac

You cannot be paid until your account reaches the "release of funds threshhold". I checked in with them and I just reached the mark and I have around $20 dollars available

There seems to be something very fishy about the whole thing though.
What if I do not want a broadcaster to have to pay to play my songs? Why should they have to pay someone else for my work?
Old 16th July 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by superbee View Post
Similar programs have been working very well in the UK for years.
Old 16th July 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbee View Post
You cannot be paid until your account reaches the "release of funds threshhold". I checked in with them and I just reached the mark and I have around $20 dollars available

What if I do not want a broadcaster to have to pay to play my songs? Why should they have to pay someone else for my work?
publishing is how songwriters survive. every radio station and satellite station pays into the PRO's. Always been like that for broadcast radio (even most clubs/bars pay a fee, especially if they have bands doing cover songs). Satellite started paying a few years ago. sound exchange first started sending me payments 3 years ago. all money basically from satellite radio xm and sirius. i get a quarterly deposits just like BMI. A lot of entities have a threshold before they send the money. Even google.
Old 30th August 2012
Soundexchange recently released a long list of artists who have not claimed their royalties. Some pretty big names on there!

I found a couple dozen of my friends' bands on there and let them know.

Maybe you could do the same?

Here's an article I wrote about it.
Old 1st September 2012
Lives for gear

They've made the submission/registration process a bit easier as well, I guess I'm pending since my name still appears lol
Top Mentioned Products
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search