The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
President annouces support for radio pay-to-play Dynamics Plugins
Old 18th June 2010
Motown legend

The "master owner" is very frequently the artist themselves. The idea that it is only the major labels is propaganda that is being spread by the NAB as is the idea there is some kind of a huge bureaucracy between artists and the money. In fact we're well on the way for every single play being logged with songwriters and hopefully soon artists being paid for every single play.

The majors would prefer that the master owner get paid all of the money and then they'd pay the artist. They didn't get their way which is why there is the "master owner" language in the bill.
Old 18th June 2010
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Olhsson View Post
The "master owner" is very frequently the artist themselves. The idea that it is only the major labels is propaganda that is being spread by the NAB as is the idea there is some kind of a huge bureaucracy between artists and the money. In fact we're well on the way for every single play being logged with songwriters and hopefully soon artists being paid for every single play.

The majors would prefer that the master owner get paid all of the money and then they'd pay the artist. They didn't get their way which is why there is the "master owner" language in the bill.
Great qualification..and clarification

Thanks.
Old 19th June 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan p View Post
You dont have enough posts to be relevant.
If you read and understood the bigger picture better you would not make the statements you make.
Look at the number of posts that some of the people have on this thread and they have more experience and knowledge than you do.
The first line is the most ridiculous I have yet read in GS.

There is only one action I can take.

Please reset my post count to zero immediately.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search