no sh!t
Music Videos Dominate YouTube
Old 27th February 2010
Gear Guru

Right now youtube is having major issues with their new test pages

Complete browser shut down crashes in Safari and Firefox
Old 27th February 2010
Lives for gear

Yep!Some of the teenagers I know use some kinda software to download music from you tube for freeeee!
Old 27th February 2010
Gear Guru

I'm not sure if this crash issue is limited to OSX 10.4.11 Tiger or not.

As soon as your mouse cursor passes over the right side of the new
test layout page, Safari and Firefox hard crash to shutdown.

The fact that there are so many music videos on youtube, should
serve as a bit of a wake up call, clearly showing that Music DVD's
may do much better than audio only CD's

You can go big production or just record the band in concert
I prefer the latter.

As a musician, I prefer to see my favorite artists performing their songs
live with the energy of the audience to help make it special.

Or maybe there's some truth to the song

Video killed the radio star????
Old 28th February 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by FFTT View Post
As a musician, I prefer to see my favorite artists performing their songs
live with the energy of the audience to help make it special.
I don't, as the visual tends to be literal and takes away any imagination that might be sparked by the audio.

They are two separate departments in music.
I enjoy studio albums that I regard as ugly when performed - like dj/samplist music, Kraftwerk, and several albums that explore synthesis over a 20 minute composition.

I use YouTube to remind myself of particular songs, or to track down music that's become talked about, simply because there is no alternative.
For example, if someone asks how to play the drum part to Hotel California, I know I can find the song in a few seconds on YouTube. Without YouTube, I simply wouldn't know where to look (unless I owned the CD).
Old 28th February 2010
Lives for gear

the type of video depends on what you are after. a great live show, such as frampton or jimmy, you have to watch it live. but music videos are another method for artistic vision to be expressed. it's like saying get rid of the piano cause i only want guitars from here on out.
Old 28th February 2010
Gear Head

I actually watch all my music videos on vevo.com. They are much better quality and from what I know, vevo.com is in partnership with the labels. Actually, vevo also has dedicated artist pages on youtube.
Old 28th February 2010
Lives for gear

yeah, well don't expect much from vevo, except for the main players already hitting radio at 30 minute intervals.

but at least it didn't skip and stutter constantly like youtube has been lately.
Old 28th February 2010
Lives for gear

It would be interesting to see;
What percentage of the music related videos were actually put there by people who had permission to do so.
Old 1st March 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisso View Post
I use YouTube to remind myself of particular songs, or to track down music that's become talked about, simply because there is no alternative.
For example, if someone asks how to play the drum part to Hotel California, I know I can find the song in a few seconds on YouTube. Without YouTube, I simply wouldn't know where to look (unless I owned the CD).
There it is, Piracy in a nutshell. With music, this is the biggest argument I hear when people download for free (1 small step further then watching youtube and serving the same purpose). Funny, with movies there is no such argument
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search