The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

The 896mk3 audio interface delivers advanced design, high-end performance, superb sound, and universal "hybrid" FireWire/USB2 connectivity to your Mac or Windows computer. As a hybrid audio interface, the 896mk3 provides flexible connectivity to any Mac or PC via FireWire or high-speed USB 2.0, with eight channels of pristine 24-bit 192 kHz analog recording and playback, combined with sixteen channels of optical digital I/O, stereo AES/EBU, S/PDIF and separate analog main outs. Expand your system by connecting the 8pre mic input expander or other MOTU audio interfaces. The 896mk3 is equally well-suited for studio and stage, with or without a computer. As an interface or standalone mixer, the 896mk3 provides 28 separate inputs and 32 separate outputs, including dedicated main outs on XLRs and two front panel headphone outs.

Discussions

MOTU Windows 10 stability

I have an MOTU 896mk3 Hybrid and Win 10 Pro. I have no issues, the MOTU works good. I can use the 64 samples buffer reliably (results in 2.7 ms recording latency as reported by Sonar and 3.3ms output). I get the same latency whether I use the USB interface or...

View Post

Clarity Issues with Focusrite

...more highs like what was actually coming from the guitar amp speaker. Later, I upgraded to an MOTU 896Mk3 Hybrid and the audio was "clear" and full fidelity like the MAudio device and not the Saffire Pro 40. Fast forward about 5 years and I've downsized my home studio and sold off...

View Post

USB3 possible issues?

...what most interface companies specify or recommend. I have a PCIe Firewire card, 400/800 with the T.I. Chipset. The MOTU 896Mk3 Hybrid worked equally well on Firewire or USB. Same buffer and low latency. I downsized my home recording studio a couple of months ago and sold the 86Mk3 Hybrid and now have an...

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?