The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Description

60 simultaneous audio channels
28 inputs and 32 outputs, all independent
Connect all your studio gear, including microphones, guitars, synths, keyboards, drum machines, outboard processors, MIDI gear, optical expanders - even a foot pedal. All I/O is available simultaneously.

Superb analog audio quality
Renowned ESS Sabre32 Ultra™ DAC technology
New in the 828es, renowned ESS Sabre32™ DAC technology delivers 123dB dynamic range and the same proven, award-winning audio quality as MOTU's flagship 1248.

High-performance Thunderbolt and USB drivers for Mac and PC
Ultra-low latency and renowned rock-solid performance
Round-trip latency (RTL) performance as low as 1.6 ms at 96kHz over Thunderbolt™ with high-performance DAW hosts.

Universal connectivity
USB and Thunderbolt for Mac, PC and iOS
Connects to your Mac or PC with Thunderbolt™, Hi-speed USB 2.0 or AVB/TSN Ethernet for up to 256 audio channels (128 in and 128 out). Class-compliant firmware and industry standard drivers work with any audio apps. Connects to iPad™ with a standard camera connection kit (adapter).

Discussions

Audio Interface - Low Latency Performance Data Base

Just got MOTU 828ES here - and will be happy to post results. Still a question rises - what settings do I use for measurements - since there are two buffer settings. One is Host Buffer Size and second Host Safety Offset how to set it to make results comparable with other measurements? Or...

View Post

NAMM 2020 - Your Predictions, Rumors and Desires...

...this summer. Updates to the MotU AVB series. Not a whiff so far, which suggests that a second 828es might be in my future. Serious competition for the Kurzweil Forte, ideally in the form of a successor, but a competitor that suits my needs better would be just as interesting. Nada. Obviously we...

View Post

Wa2a/wa76 vs kt2a/kt76

...one through the KT-2a and the other through the 76-KT. I also have an EQP-KT patched into my MOTU 828es interface which allows me to record one channel with and one without the EQP-KT at the same time. I’m thinking of adding a second EQP-KT at some point. Agreed. I have two Tone Beasts and...

View Post