The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Discussion Highlights

MOTU announces redesigned 828es offers ESS™ converters and control room features

MOTU announces redesigned 828es offers ESS™ converters and control room features Re-engineered with renowned ESS Sabre32 Ultra™ DAC technology and a new front panel design, the 828es connects to a Mac, PC or iOS device over Thunderbolt™ or USB with low latency, high performance drivers to deliver 60 total channels of I/O, 48-channel mixing and...

View Post

MOTU 1248, 8M, 16A Thunderbolt interface

...in the past. Drivers are quickly updated to work with new versions of macOS. I am currently running a MOTU 828es via USB and it has been performing wonderfully on my 5,1 Mac Pro, with one exception, of which I have alerted MOTU and they have advised is being worked on: If I am running...

View Post

MOTU 1248, 8M, 16A Thunderbolt interface

...that covers a lot of the basics. To make things simpler in their latest gear the 828es offers presets with a number of typical setups preconfigured.

View Post

Product Description

60 simultaneous audio channels 28 inputs and 32 outputs, all independent Connect all your studio gear, including microphones, guitars, synths, keyboards, drum machines, outboard processors, MIDI gear, optical expanders - even a foot pedal. All I/O is available simultaneously. Superb analog audio quality Renowned ESS Sabre32 Ultra™ DAC technology New in the 828es, renowned ESS Sabre32™ DAC technology delivers 123dB dynamic range and the same proven, award-winning audio quality as MOTU's flagship 1248. High-performance Thunderbolt and USB drivers for Mac and PC Ultra-low latency and renowned rock-solid performance Round-trip latency (RTL) performance as low as 1.6 ms at 96kHz over Thunderbolt™ with high-performance DAW hosts. Universal connectivity USB and Thunderbolt for Mac, PC and iOS Connects to your Mac or PC with Thunderbolt™, Hi-speed USB 2.0 or AVB/TSN Ethernet for up to 256 audio channels (128 in and 128 out). Class-compliant firmware and industry standard drivers work with any audio apps. Connects to iPad™ with a standard camera connection kit (adapter).