The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending

Description

The MOTU 2408mk3 PCIe audio interface offers DAW users with what is easily one of the best-sounding all-round recording, mixing, and monitoring solutions available. The MOTU 2408mk3 not only offers highly value-packed expandability, but also lets you easily combine your legacy hardware with newest additions as well. From the eight channels of super-quiet 96kHz analog ins, to the 24 channels of digital I/O including ADAT, TDIF, S/PDIF, and word clock, the MOTU 2408mk3 is a true studio workhorse.

Discussions

The Ultimate Converter DA/AD Loopback Shootout Thread!

...list is unconfirmed. https://www.gearslutz.com/board/geekslutz-forum/542009-audio-interfaces-their-ad-da-chips-listed.html Consider what will be most versatile for you right now allowing some future proofing etc. I went for the 2408 MkIII as no pre amp coloring, just faithful conversion quality. Found one used in mint condition but when I was looking the Motu interfaces push above their price rate new as they are...

View Post

Windows 10 is rolling out... share your experiences here

...the Shure requires something like 60db+ of amplification (I forget exact level required). That pre goes right into my MOTU 2408mk3. I used to use a cloudlifter as well, but found it unnecessary if I cranked everything on the m101. YMMV. I do keep the HPF engaged on the m101 because I have a...

View Post

Motu 2408 MK3 and 828 MK2: Best way to sync?

ADAT sync rides the lightpipe output cable of the master, to the lightpipe input of the slave. There's a bit of weirdness with MOTU, in that they offer a different sync option, "ADAT sync" using a 9 pin cable, which is NOT what you're trying to accomplish here, its just a confusing name they happened to...

View Post