The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

16A Feature Summary

• Superb audio quality For example, the balanced TRS analog outputs produce 123 dB dynamic range and -110 dB THD+N (0.0003%) at -1 dBFS, Unweighted, 1 kHz.
  • 64 simultaneous audio channels Sixteen balanced/unbalanced TRS analog inputs and outputs, plus 2 x 8-channel ADAT optical ports for 32 inputs and 32 outputs.
  • Universal connectivity Connects to a computer with Thunderbolt, standard AVB Ethernet or audio class compliant high-speed USB 2.0 (compatible with USB 3.0 and iOS). Discovery app and web app software works alongside any host audio software.
  • On-board DSP with mixing and effects Flexible 48-input digital mixer modeled after large format mixing consoles, with 12 stereo busses and DSP effects, including reverb, 4-band EQ, gate, and compression.
  • 32-bit floating point processing The 16A's mixing and effects DSP engine delivers virtually unlimited headroom and the utmost in sound quality.
  • Modeled vintage effects processing Classic reverb. Compression modeled after the legendary LA-2A compressor. EQ modeled after British analog console EQs.
  • System expansion and audio networking Add a 2nd MOTU AVB interface (1248, 8M or 16A) with a simple Cat-5e ethernet cable. Connect up to five MOTU interfaces using a MOTU AVB Switch (sold separately). Build a network with multiple interfaces and computers using standard AVB switches and network cabling, with ultra-low network latency, even over long cable runs (hundreds of meters). Stream hundreds of audio channels among devices and computers on the network.

Discussions

MOTU 1248, 8M, 16A Thunderbolt interface

...beginning to lose faith in my setup, and I feel like I have a fairly standard config (Win10, AVB Hub, 16A x 2, 1248, 24Ai, no USB/TB, all Ethernet). My computer STILL doesn't find any of the units via Discovery, and Discovery crashes _every time_ I run it. I just get used...

View Post

Airwindows RawTimbers: Mac/Windows/Linux AU/VST

...like I have a higher resolution file to dither from: you get the jams hot off the MOTU 16A inputs, untouched. Sort of a 'analog in digital bar' to reach, in a situation where every little calculation takes a toll.

View Post

apollo x16 for synth-based home studio?

...really need a lot of simultaneous I/O though, you could spend less than half the money and get a Motu 16A (or 1248 or 828es or pick from another of their line that suits you)...which will probably be better for you in the long run (TRS I/O instead of DB25s, expandable via ADAT if...

View Post