The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

The 1248 Thunderbolt Audio Interface provides industry-leading dynamic range and large console style mixing with 48 channels and 12 stereo busses and 66 channels of audio (32X34 I/O), plus it supports USB 2.0 connectivity that is USB 3.0 compatible. The 1248 Thunderbolt Audio Interface has built-in powerful DSP delivering 32-bit floating point mixing and effects, including modeled analog EQ, vintage compression and classic reverb. The unit's extensive routing grid patches ins to outs, or splits inputs to multiple destinations. Use the 1248 as a stand-alone mixer and control everything from the 1248's innovative web app running on your iPad, iPhone, tablet, smart phone, and laptop. Connect a second MOTU AVB interface with a simple Ethernet cable. Add more I/O with the MOTU AVB Switch (sold separately). Build an AVB audio network with multiple switches and sub-millisecond latency, even over long cable runs. Stream hundreds of channels among devices and computers on the network. Control on-board DSP, mixing, settings, and network audio routing from web app software running in your favorite browser on a laptop, tablet or smart phone connected by wire or Wi-Fi to your local area network. Control mixing & FX from your mobile device, without a computer. Connect an Apple Airport or other Wi-Fi router directly to the 1248 with a standard Ethernet cable. Great for live sound mixing.

Discussions

MOTU 1248, 8M, 16A Thunderbolt interface

My MOTU 1248 just died. Bought another to be delivered tomorrow while mine is being shipped back to Musictrack in the uk. Musictrack are also sending another unit for me once mine is with them. Anyway, how do I get my saved settings in the avb app on Safari back into a new 1248?...

View Post

MOTU announces redesigned 828es offers ESS™ converters and control room features

...and "A/B" monitor select, mute and sum-to-mono buttons for the main outs. Advanced extras, incorporated from MOTU's flagship 1248 interface, include ESS™ Sabre32 Ultra™ DAC technology with 123 dB dynamic range, ultra low round trip latency (RTL) performance as low as 1.6 ms at 96 kHz over Thunderbolt (and 1.9 ms over USB), USB...

View Post

What happened to ebay?

...what he wanted, buyer saved money just by talking. Another thing I see is the exact same item, say a motu 1248, used minty and one is asking $900 and two others are asking $1,400 or higher. Sooooo, how do these high priced dudes every expect to sell their gear? Wait till all the folks...

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?

Video Guides