The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Digital Performer Files turned to Exec
Old 15th August 2007
Here for the gear

Digital Performer Files turned to Exec

Someone please help!!!
I saved some Digital Performer files to a external Hard Drive and it turned all my files to executables. Is there any solution for this or am i screwed.
Old 15th August 2007
Deleted User
Did you save them to a FAT32 drive? I believe that's what happens when you lose the SDII resource fork. One thing to try is download the Soundhack Application here:

http://www.soundhack.com/freeware.php

Under File, select "Open Any" and open one of the files. Then "Save Copy To" as an SDII file, but make sure you save it to a Mac formatted volume. Give it a shot - hope it works out.
Old 15th August 2007
Here for the gear

Thanks ill give it a try
Old 29th August 2007
Here for the gear

I did as you said and no dice all it does is play static, is there anything else i can try?

Thanks again!
Old 29th August 2007
Did you back them up before you copied them onto the FAT32 drive? Have you put them back on an HFS+ drive before using SoundHack? You can open them as raw data files and resave them.

Rail
Old 29th August 2007
Here for the gear

I took the folder off the drive that turned them into Exec. files and dropped it on the desktop of my mac opened soundhack and performed the instructions given and then opened them in DP5 and all it played was static.
Old 29th August 2007
Deleted User
You've dragged the unix executables to your desktop. Open one of the files with Soundhack (File -> Open Any) and then command-H to hack the header (menu option Hack -> Header Info). Enter the correct sample rate (ie. 48000, 44100) and then enter the bit depth encoding (16,24 linear) from the original session. Channels is always 1 for a DP SDII file. Hit/click apply. Then File -> Save Copy As to new folder and select file type as SDII and select the proper bit depth and rate, otherwise it will convert to whatever the default is. You should have a good file.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search