The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
DP suddenly can't find AUs
Old 5th October 2019
Lives for gear

DP suddenly can't find AUs

I hadn't used DP for a month or so, and went to start a project last night and discovered that all my Audio Unit plugins (the main format I've been using for years now) are now invisible to DP. DP can see MAS and VST, but no AUs at all. Of course I immediately went to the plugins library folder, and they're all there. Furthermore, Reaper is having no trouble finding them.

Anybody have any idea what might be going on here? I updated DP from 9.12 to 9.52 about 6 months ago, and have used the new version many times since then without problems, so I'm pretty sure it's not a version issue. Is it possible that a recent Mac system update has somehow mucked things up? I'm still on Sierra, 10.12.6.
Old 5th October 2019
Deleted 9895bca
This has something to do with an update that Apple pushed out to accommodate iOS 13. It's happening to the PT community also. Check Motunation.com - there are a few threads over there regarding your issue.
Old 5th October 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted 9895bca View Post
This has something to do with an update that Apple pushed out to accommodate iOS 13. It's happening to the PT community also. Check Motunation.com - there are a few threads over there regarding your issue.
Thank you. And holy crap. Apple really does get more Microsoft-like year by year in the baroque complexity of its systems and its ability to create new headaches for users. Remember "it just works"? C'est rire. Fortunately I work with Windows 10 every day as well, which protects me from any illusory grass-is-greener imaginings.
Old 5th October 2019
Lives for gear

Followed the advice on the Motunation thread, upgraded to High Sierra, problem solved (and I seem to have gotten a nice little speed boost in the process; we'll see how long that lasts...). Thanks CharlzS!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search