The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Bpm
Old 2 weeks ago
  #1
Lives for gear
 

Bpm

Is there a trial demo of bpm?
Old 1 week ago
  #2
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxplayerz View Post
Is there a trial demo of bpm?
No, but plenty of tutorial vids to watch.

I have BPM and use it. Let me know if you have specific questions.

Dave
Old 1 week ago
  #3
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicd View Post
No, but plenty of tutorial vids to watch.

I have BPM and use it. Let me know if you have specific questions.

Dave
Is it cpu heavy ? Someone said they had problems cause it was loading down their cpu.
Old 1 week ago
  #4
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxplayerz View Post
Is it cpu heavy ? Someone said they had problems cause it was loading down their cpu.
I run it on a ten year old Macbook with no problems.

BPM is like any other VI. If you use it in a simple way it has an insignificant CPU load. But you can also do very sophisticated things with BPM such as have different effects on different samples set to different velocities. Effects can be placed on individual samples, pads, and the whole kit. So like any VI, if you do crazy stuff with it that will use more CPU power.

In my experience BPM uses far less CPU than something like Omnisphere for example.

To be absolutely clear, I used to work at MOTU but have been gone for some time. I have no vested interest in promoting their products. I'll do my best to give you accurate info.

Dave
Old 1 week ago
  #5
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicd View Post
I run it on a ten year old Macbook with no problems.

BPM is like any other VI. If you use it in a simple way it has an insignificant CPU load. But you can also do very sophisticated things with BPM such as have different effects on different samples set to different velocities. Effects can be placed on individual samples, pads, and the whole kit. So like any VI, if you do crazy stuff with it that will use more CPU power.

In my experience BPM uses far less CPU than something like Omnisphere for example.

To be absolutely clear, I used to work at MOTU but have been gone for some time. I have no vested interest in promoting their products. I'll do my best to give you accurate info.

Dave
Awesome ! I saw a tutorial and he had it in a v rack or whatever that's called and I thought that would work for me as well.
Old 1 week ago
  #6
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxplayerz View Post
Awesome ! I saw a tutorial and he had it in a v rack or whatever that's called and I thought that would work for me as well.
You won't get the best CPU performance from a V-Rack. As far as I know V-Rack instruments are always live and don't take advantage of pre-gen (I could be wrong about that). Certainly a V-Rack instrument will run no better than a VI on a dedicated instrument track. V-Racks are useful when you have multiple sequence chunks that use common instruments. The V-Rack doesn't require unloading and re-loading instruments when you switch chunks.

Dave
Old 1 week ago
  #7
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicd View Post
You won't get the best CPU performance from a V-Rack. As far as I know V-Rack instruments are always live and don't take advantage of pre-gen (I could be wrong about that). Certainly a V-Rack instrument will run no better than a VI on a dedicated instrument track. V-Racks are useful when you have multiple sequence chunks that use common instruments. The V-Rack doesn't require unloading and re-loading instruments when you switch chunks.

Dave
Cool thanks Dave !
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump