The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Dumb Beginner Question...
Old 7th February 2019
Lives for gear

Dumb Beginner Question...

Using the DP demo here.

Now playing with the mixing board, but ....

Isn't there a way to select more than one channel at a time (holding SHIFT doesn't work) so that several channels can have their sends or outputs sent to the same place? I have never seen anything like this....?

Thx
Tom
Old 7th February 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceantracks View Post
Using the DP demo here.

Now playing with the mixing board, but ....

Isn't there a way to select more than one channel at a time (holding SHIFT doesn't work) so that several channels can have their sends or outputs sent to the same place? I have never seen anything like this....?

Thx
Tom
To assign the same output to multiple tracks, under the Menu Studio/Track Assignments, or same input etc.

To assign sends to the same bus etc. it's just option dragging to copy a send at this point. At least as far as I know. It's possible that the upgrade to 10 has some new improvements like this that aren't mentioned.

Grouping tracks to change send volumes all at the same time is with Track Groups Project/ Track groups

Volume, pan and automation can be done with temporary track grouping, all visible tracks will respond to this, by hitting w twice quickly, hitting w once release the temporary group.
Old 7th February 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by machinesworking View Post
To assign the same output to multiple tracks, under the Menu Studio/Track Assignments, or same input etc.

To assign sends to the same bus etc. it's just option dragging to copy a send at this point. At least as far as I know. It's possible that the upgrade to 10 has some new improvements like this that aren't mentioned.

Grouping tracks to change send volumes all at the same time is with Track Groups Project/ Track groups

Volume, pan and automation can be done with temporary track grouping, all visible tracks will respond to this, by hitting w twice quickly, hitting w once release the temporary group.
Hey thanks much. Could I bother you with another?

I simply want to create two markers, Start and End, and select everything in the session between those two points so I can bounce. Creating the markers is one thing, but even with the manual I'm thinking..."I must be doing something wrong...this is more involved than it looks..."

Thanks tons...
Old 8th February 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Hey thanks much. Could I bother you with another?

I simply want to create two markers, Start and End, and select everything in the session between those two points so I can bounce. Creating the markers is one thing, but even with the manual I'm thinking..."I must be doing something wrong...this is more involved than it looks..."

Thanks tons...
This one's easy! my favorite feature of markers, click on the left marker, it selects everything to the next marker! I came from Logic where I rarely used markers, object oriented and not as useful this way. This also works with the cycle bar things, clicking either bar selects everything in between the bars.
Old 8th February 2019
Lives for gear
Oh and as far as bouncing is concerned, command A works to select everything in the arrangement, unless you have data you don't want bounced.

This is all in the Tracks window, same is true for the Sequence window, but you can see everything better in the Tracks window etc.
Old 8th February 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by machinesworking View Post
Oh and as far as bouncing is concerned, command A works to select everything in the arrangement, unless you have data you don't want bounced.

This is all in the Tracks window, same is true for the Sequence window, but you can see everything better in the Tracks window etc.
Great!

OK so where was getting confused is that if you are showing the markers window in one of the sidebars, and click the first marker (or even try holding the SHIFT key and then clicking the last one) nothing gets selected.

But as you say, in the sequence window anyway, I just clicked the first marker and indeed yes, it selects all until the last one. Good stuff!

Thanks much.

Have a feeling I may have more questions though I promise to check the manual first!

I tell you wait..I do have one and it's driving me nuts...HOW do I set the transport so that when I hit STOP, playback will go back to where I last started ?
Old 8th February 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
I do have one and it's driving me nuts...HOW do I set the transport so that when I hit STOP, playback will go back to where I last started ?
Auto-Rewind button: Causes automatic rewinding
to the Memory Start location any time playback is
stopped (for any reason).

far left of the transport. If it isn't there RTFM.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search