The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Proo Tools features and how to do it in DP
Old 9th December 2018
Here for the gear

Proo Tools features and how to do it in DP

Hello,
I use to work in Proo Tools and now I am working in DP. There are few things, which were very usuefull form me in Proo Tools, and I don’t know, how can I manage it in DP.
Could someone, who nows both DAWs, can help me?

– is is possible in DP to click directly on soundbite in sequence editor, press spacebar and play automatically from the beggining of the soundbite? I tryed differend play modes, and I can’t reach this.
– when I am drawing automation in PT, I see the exact data of my changes (in a square, above the track), e.g. when I change volume, I see the exact number of dB. But DP don’t show me this data, I have to do it more or less. Is it possible to have it?
– ProoTools have AudioSuite Time Shift, which has very usefull feature, for me. It can change time and pitch proportionally. I now, that DP 9.51 have quite advance time and pitch shift features, but I want to set e.g. 120 % higher pitch and proportionally faster tempo. Or 3 cents highier pitch and proportionally faster tempo. And then click: „render”. It could be different way, but I need this proportionally automatic change.

Thank you in advance.

PS There is mistake in the topic, but I can't edit it. "Pro Tools" of course.
Old 14th December 2018
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Del_Gesu View Post

– is is possible in DP to click directly on soundbite in sequence editor, press spacebar and play automatically from the beggining of the soundbite? I tryed differend play modes, and I can’t reach this.
As with many functions in DP, the key command for Play Selection can be customized in the Commands window. The default command for Play Selection is Option-Spacebar.

Quote:
– when I am drawing automation in PT, I see the exact data of my changes (in a square, above the track), e.g. when I change volume, I see the exact number of dB. But DP don’t show me this data, I have to do it more or less. Is it possible to have it?
The info is displayed. If any event is selected in the Sequence Editor, there is an info bar that appears just above the time ruler. If you select an automation event, it's exact value is displayed.

Quote:
– ProoTools have AudioSuite Time Shift, which has very usefull feature, for me. It can change time and pitch proportionally. I now, that DP 9.51 have quite advance time and pitch shift features, but I want to set e.g. 120 % higher pitch and proportionally faster tempo. Or 3 cents highier pitch and proportionally faster tempo. And then click: „render”. It could be different way, but I need this proportionally automatic change.
Check out Spectral Effects from the Audio menu. This gives you independent control over pitch, tempo, and formants.

Hope that helps!

Dave
Old 15th March 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicd View Post

The info is displayed. If any event is selected in the Sequence Editor, there is an info bar that appears just above the time ruler. If you select an automation event, it's exact value is displayed.
And the thing I like about the way DP does it that I wish PT would do is that you can edit that info. So click on an automation point and the value appears in the info box, for example -24. You can just type -18 in that box and change it without trying to slide it around watching the numbers.
Old 15th March 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bongo_x View Post

In the upper left corner of the sequence editor look for the letter C in a circle. This is the Cursor information. When you draw volume automation you will see the dB value displayed in real time.

Dave
Old 20th March 2019
Gear Addict

Hello

I have a question too, even if I'm a DP user since v3...

PT have a "jump to next event" somehow function when using TAB key
which allow to jump from soundbite start to end or from fadein/soudbite start- fade in end - fade out start - fade out/soundbite end etc to the next soundbite

So far DP only allow to jump to next sounbite (start)

I looked few times at commands window in various sub menu but never find out

Best
Zam

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search