The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Syncing DP w/ Ableton
Old 30th July 2018
Here for the gear

Syncing DP w/ Ableton

I’ve been trying to sync DP with Ableton for a while now and it is extremely inconsistent and now won’t sync at all anymore. Anybody have any experience with this?
Old 1st August 2018
Deleted User
Inquiring minds need more info to diagnose your issue:
1. Same computer or two diff ones? If diff computers, how are you transmitting the sync message?
2. If same computer are you using the IAC bus in AMS setup?
3. Is Ableton the master or slave?
4. Do you have MTC being sent from the master to the slave
Old 1st August 2018
Gear Addict

I don't have Ableton so my suggestion is purely theoretical...

Ableton supports Rewire. So does DP. I have used DP in sync with Reason so maybe it works the same way with DP/Ableton.

DP will only be Rewire master. Therefore launch DP first. With Reason, you launch that second, so perhaps the same with Ableton.

In order for DP and Reason to work together there must be at least one audio path set up in DP to receive from Reason. Once Reason is launched I set up an Aux track in DP and assign Reason to that aux track. So perhaps the same for Ableton?

Launch DP.

Launch Ableton.

In DP create an aux track. Make sure the aux track is routed to a working output. Set the input of the aux track to an Ableton return.

Press Play in DP. Does Ableton respond?

Dave
Old 2nd August 2018
Lives for gear
Unless you have a specific reason to not use rewire I would also suggest it.
Ableton Live 10 even allows a rewire slaved Live to use the Push hardware controller for it's own drum machine etc.

If you have reasons like VST/AU support in Live as well as DP, which Live in slave mode won't host, then MTC worked fine for me here the times I used it.
Old 20th December 2018
Here for the gear
Hey guys I have a question - can the Motu effects be opened as plugins inside ableton?
I am looking at purchasing an ultralite mk4 and I’ve never used DSP effects. Help meh!
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search