The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
DP control workarounds
Old 25th December 2017
Lives for gear

DP control workarounds

DP control does not operate anymore. Any workarounds or alternative plugs known of?
Old 1st May 2018
Gear Maniac

MOTU stopped supporting DP Control in 2014. It does not work properly with DP9. In my experience it's not worth continuing to try to make this very useful software work.

There's such demand for it, that I'm confident MOTU will get it working again.

Last edited by filmcomposer; 10th May 2018 at 09:05 AM.. Reason: Corrected software version
Old 2nd May 2018
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by filmcomposer View Post
There's such demand for it, that I'm confident MOTU will get it working again.
Hi

Hope so...

The "great" step would be that now with all "web app" etc motu has developed for HW, they use this R&D and knowledge to build an advanced DP remote for touch surface, like Avid eucon control app (which work more or less with DP...)

Best
Zam
Old 3rd May 2018
I actually have an old iPhone 4 with OS 7 on it and it works fine as a dedicated remote for me (when I'm recording in the iso booth) on my Windows 7 PC- but I feel your pain! Hopefully they'll get this working with the newer Apple OS. Maybe you can find an old iPhone 4 with OS 7 on Ebay?
Old 5th July 2018
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamproject View Post
Hi

Hope so...

The "great" step would be that now with all "web app" etc motu has developed for HW, they use this R&D and knowledge to build an advanced DP remote for touch surface, like Avid eucon control app (which work more or less with DP...)

Best
Zam
I really wish they would resurrect DP Control.

Eucon is such a better implementation than the Mackie and Hui.

I demoed an Avid Artist with Eucon and it was terrific.

I've tried the Mackie and Hui emulators for iPad and they just aren't very useful.

ProTools Control is also very glitchy and the connection is flakey on iPad.

Having some software "custom-built" by Motu for DP would be optimal.

I have felt like buying an old iPad just to run DP Control, but I already use a new one for TouchOSC.

Motu...bring it back !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 8th July 2018
I use this: V-Control Pro

Works great.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search