The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Why isn't DP one of the "Top three" DAWs?
Old 7th November 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdman42 View Post
The calibrate button in OSX Mojave only allows me to change the white balance..which either makes it redder or bluer, but does not adjust contrast or anything else, which is all FUBAR when using AppleRGB. I have no idea how to dive deeper and create another color profile, this is not something I know anything about. The monitor provides an optimized color profile for this display... works with most software fine, but apparently, Safari Facebook has a problem, Mercurial Spark has a problem and DP10 has a problem. Everything else doesn't seem to have a problem, but who knows what other little things out there might be hogging my CPU with bit calculations that I'm not even aware of...maybe more..

I have sent tech support requests to both MOTU and LG now...so we'll see if I can get somewhere with this.
I remember this being buried the way they buried the User Library, and that's it! Hit Option when you hit calibrate and it brings up all the detailed settings that were there before. Believe me when you do your own calibrations you will go back to the standard one and go "WTF were they thinking?" It goes through a bunch of tests that get it right for the angle you work at and room lighting level even. Mostly though it should make this bug go away in Safari, Facebook, and DP.
Old 7th November 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubilay View Post
Wow this thread. Haven't been here in a long while, forgot about a certain, erm, culture.

Plenty of media composers use DP - in addition to Danny Elfman, there's Michael Giacchino, Alexandre Desplat, Miriam Cutler, Bear McCreary, Austin Wintory, Mark Watters, David Schwartz, Marcelo Zarvos, Joel Goodman, Brian Ralston, Greg Tripi, Garry Schyman, etc. etc. etc., and of course yours truly.

Here's my personal list of things I find that DP does better than either most or all other DAWs. Some of these functionalities are available in some but not all other DAWs, others are not available anywhere else - and this mix is of course unique to DP:

Commands window - to quickly add, customize, or even look up commands. And to create key commands for the ones you use. My commands are highly customized, which makes for speed. And speed makes for less thinking about technical issues and more flow in music.

Chunks - allows for multiple cues, for storage, for versions, for safety, for transfer of entire cues or sections between projects in seconds. Want that entire string section with the theme available, including MIDI, instruments, effects, you name it? Select, then "create sequence from selection" then import into any project anytime via load command.

V-Rack - allows for instantaneous switching between multiple cues in a single project, without waiting for load times; allows me to create a mixing board with settings and effects to print stems that I can then share in seconds between projects via the load command. We had VE Pro before VE Pro existed. And now that VE Pro exists, I use the V-Rack in conjunction with it for even more powerful flexibility.

Bundles, saved w project - name busses whatever you like in each project; Bus 3-4 will be my strings buss in this project, my drums buss in the other. And when I go to a different place, the window with teh buss assignments lets me reassign things globally without having to manually reassign each track individually.

Track Selector and shortcuts - navigating the display of my 400+ tracks by type, data content, and being able to do that in sub-sections by judicious use of folders. And doing this in split-second speed by using custom key commands I can easily define in the above mentioned command window.

Clippings (not to be confused with the new clips) - in windows for project or whole app; and on desktop; Like that particular section of plugins with the settings? Just drag to the desktop and drag back into whatever project you want. Like that set of MIDI notes? Ditto. ANYTHING, by itself or in combination, can be defined as a clipping and then just be dragged and dropped from anywhere to anywhere. Or you can create clippings that are then available in the clippings window. Again any combo of ANYTHING - that selection of MIDI notes with the track and the plug-ins - a clipping. Just a specific empty track with plugins and a fader and pan setting? A clipping. Just those three audio files together in a track with a specific time relationship? A clipping. Insanely powerful.

Search - want to select only the fourth sixteenth note in every beat in measures 20-40, but only if they are F#s or Bbs, so you can raise velocity? One single key command. Want to select all garbage controller 25 values that your old MIDI controller was spitting out all day into all your tracks without you noticing, so you can delete them? Also one single key command.

Graphic tools for continuous controllers - need to change the shape of my controller 7 or my velocities of multiple bars? Select, then drag using either freehand or preset curves like in a graphics program. Two swipes and done. Can use either to set, or to change in percentage - so i.e. I like the dynamic relationships between the single notes in my track but I want to have the whole gesture go smoothly up and down in a measure? Set the edit grid to 1 bar, select sine wave, select reshape by percentage, then reshape by dragging the mouse across the bar while holding down the "r" key.

“Show Only” options in continuous ctrl lanes - anything I select can be the only thing I see. One click.

Tap tempo, multiple takes on conductor track. Production used a different version of a song that we had already programmed in MIDI, one that was super rubato. Replaced the tempo map to match this new song in real time - set cursor to the downbeat of the song in the film, set sync to tap tempo and set input to middle C on my keyboard, record enable the conductor track, then tap along in real time to the new song. At the end hit stop, save, and we are done. If you like the version you did but think you can do better, create a new take on the conductor track, try again. Also a number of other amazing things you can do with multiple takes on the conductor track - i.e. multi-tempo, true poly-meters, etc.

Audio editing features, incl. comping - ProTools is the only DAW I know that matches or exceeds DP in audio editing. All the roll/edge edit tools are incredibly fast and powerful, and the comp tool is awesome.

Ability to use VST and AU in the same session - saved me many times, when one version works better than others.

QuickScribe notation - underutilized - I use it all the time. Between this and the fact I can have any selection of tracks visible in any window, I will have only the sketch or lead tracks open in Quickscribe notation, with the wiper following. As I write new parts I can see whatever selection I am referring to in real time as standard notation. No need to decipher existing notes in a piano roll into a musical context. (Of course you can do that too) All this while I see the tracks I am working on in the MIDI piano roll editor, and all tracks at once in the Tracks Overview.

Tempo in any division - I mean, Cubase - come on! When I go from 4/4 to 12/8 with the beat remaining equal, I don't want to calculate what the tempo of the quarter would be. 12/8 thinks in dotted quarters. So the DAW should too.

Clicks - 9/8 does not equal 9/8 does not equal 9/8. One may be three groups of three, the other may be 3-2-2-2, the other may be 2-2-3-2. My click can handle it.

Export video - only one DAW can't do it. The one everybody thinks sets the standard. Seriously?

Streamers, punches and flutters. If you don't know what this is, worth investigating. Makes a huge difference for recording non-pop-based scores. No other DAW can do this. Insanely useful.

Big counter - PT does this too. Bc. professional. Me or my solo overdub players want to see across the room what bar and beat I am at

Consoles - need a quick way of creating aftertouch out of Mod Wheel input? DP had it before Touch OSC was a glimmer in its developer's eyes. I once built an entire, fully MIDI-automate-able control surface for a hard disk recorder in DP. Which I could then load into any project as desired. You could do the same for i.e. a hardware synth.

Custom Scales - if you're like me and d minor is just not enough, you create your own scales. They are programmable in DP and can do the same things major, minor or dorian can. And then are freely exchangeable between projects via the Load command.

Streaming of movie audio, incl. multichannel audio - this one's a doozy - no need to import gigabytes of movie audio, just stream into a buss and then return in an aux track. If your film editor knows what they are doing, they give you a multichannel Quicktime, with fully stereo production, Temp FX and Temp Music as separate audio tracks inside the quicktime video. You return into three different stereo busses, and open and close the associated aux returns as you need them. All while importing zero bytes into your DP project. (Full disclosure - you do need to record the production audio you want to hear in the video you export from DP into your DAW as audio.)

Is DP flawless? Nope. The new clips feature is a start but doesn't reach the level of Ableton Live yet, because you can't really record your clips performance in a meaningful way *yet*. (I assume that is being developed.) - Some folks miss object-oriented MIDI. Not me, my brain doesn't think that way, but it does make sense that MIDI would behave more like audio does in that regard. - Cubase has expression maps (and Logic has "expression maps lite") which are a great tool if you work that way. Most Cubase users I know don't use them because expression maps force you to think like notation (note first, then add expression.) Most folks I know think more like musicians (notes and expressions go together as they play) so they use key switches and Lemur/Touch OSC over expression maps. But if you have a lot of libraries that don't allow for key switching, expression maps are essential, and Cubase will be the better DAW for that at this time. - Finally, right now for me, DP10.01 is not stable enough for large projects. I had to backgrade down to DP9.52. But I know they'll get it to settle, the same thing happened with DP9.00 and 9.01. DP9.02 was great, DP9.52 is the best DP ever, and DP10.02 or so will be great again.

DP is much used in the industry for a reason - both for top level live performance, and top level media music production. A few years ago George S Clinton (who at the time was heading the media music program at Berklee) and I did an informal survey among media composers, and in terms of prevalence among media composers as a composition tool in the US, DP looks to rank third, behind Logic and Cubase. (Everyone uses ProTools, but most don't use it as a composition tool. So PT is both number 1 and number 4, depending on which part of the process you look at.)

So not only is there no reason for this weird DP bashing, DP definitely merits a very close look by anyone doing music for media production. I own all major Mac DAWs, but have yet to see a reason to stray.
I APPLAUD you for a well written, well organized, and fairly comprehensive overview of DPs special features. IMPRESSIVE! . That said, this also reminds me of a beef I have had with MOTU for many years. That being, they don't ADVERTISE all the detailed, special areas that make DP special. How about an Ad campaign showing DP s comp tool smoking Pro Fools? Never happened. How bout an ad showing a user importing favorite clippings, or even starting DP with start up clippings, turning on multiple apps in one move? There could have been so many features advertised, I am no expert on advertising, and since the print industry must be shrinking, I am sure there are difficulties in todays ad campaigns worse than before. But this has been an issue for many years to me, encompassing years where there WAS heavy print ads. And rarely did I see the special deeper features advertised by MOTU. I have always said I would have made separate ads for separate features. A barrage of a sort. So many times Ive had Pro Tools guys over to the studio stating they want DP after seeing me work in it. Did they know what DP could do? Had they really been exposed to it? Nope! But again, on a positive note, loved your summary.
Old 7th November 2019
Lives for gear

I like a lot of things about DP, but there is just so much archaic stuff in it...I started out in Performer WAY back in the 80s so it will always be a friend ...I just can't use it for everyday production right now.

REAL TIME freeze? Really? Sorry I have to have this done by Friday...no render/bounce in place either. yikes.

No way to bounce your session to a different sample rate? Record at 48 mix to 44.1? Nope.

No way to solo tracks in the tracks overview window (must go to Mixer, is this true? Maybe I missed something while demoing...)

No way to bounce separate busses or tracks (for stems) along with your main mix? Cubase is great for this, PT almost as good (can only do busses, not individual tracks).

I do applaud them for their new Stretch feature, which PT and Logic do great but Cubase STILL can't do. This allows one to slow the entire session down to play in a difficult guitar part, or super fast string run or drum fill in midi then go back to normal tempo. Great stuff MOTU! Cubase....hello?

I don't like the small faders on the mixer, in fact don't like the mixer at all, but the main screen with all the side windows is pretty darn cool to me, I like it. I don't find it busy, I find it very informative. Not to mention configurable.

Expression maps are hugely useful to me...would be nice in DP.

Plus the film scoring stuff. And chunks. Yep a lot going for it.

TH
Old 7th November 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceantracks View Post
REAL TIME freeze? Really? Sorry I have to have this done by Friday...no render/bounce in place either. yikes.
Agreed, but it's nicely broken, i.e. it's more like a render than Freeze, and you can set it up to bounce stems. Some DAWs keep frozen tracks as frozen, and prevent you from using them, DP doesn't. Just move and rename them from the freeze folder before unfreezing, learned that the hard way.

Quote:
No way to bounce your session to a different sample rate? Record at 48 mix to 44.1? Nope.
This one is pretty arcane, I guess I never thought of doing that? and I've owned good batch file converters like DSP Quattro forever if something like this comes up.

Quote:
No way to solo tracks in the tracks overview window (must go to Mixer, is this true? Maybe I missed something while demoing...)
yeah, pretty sure the key command is S, it's also a big S in the transport.

Quote:
No way to bounce separate busses or tracks (for stems) along with your main mix? Cubase is great for this, PT almost as good (can only do busses, not individual tracks).
It's a PITA in DP, but Freeze tracks works to do this. It's my biggest wish really, for Reaper level bounce options. If there's anything that Reaper stomps the rest in, it's bounce options, so, so good!

Quote:
I do applaud them for their new Stretch feature, which PT and Logic do great but Cubase STILL can't do. This allows one to slow the entire session down to play in a difficult guitar part, or super fast string run or drum fill in midi then go back to normal tempo. Great stuff MOTU! Cubase....hello?
Just messing around with it, it's better than the rest except Live, and it's now comparable to Live, with stretch markers etc, and maybe a better sounding algorithm.

Quote:
I don't like the small faders on the mixer, in fact don't like the mixer at all, but the main screen with all the side windows is pretty darn cool to me, I like it. I don't find it busy, I find it very informative. Not to mention configurable.
I like the mixer, the fact that it very very quickly can be adjusted for specific tracks is much better than other DAWs I use, but the size? same issue with Logic and Live here, Reaper wins this one too, with resizable faders.
(I'm not a fan of the bussing in Reaper though, I would rather set up a buss like in DP than create one by dragging virtual wires)

Quote:
Expression maps are hugely useful to me...would be nice in DP.
Agreed, my list of wanted features...

MPE support.

Bounce options like Reaper.

Flatten/Render in place like Live. (there's an old function that allows you to use an FX preset on audio and render it in one go, this could be expanded into something like a render in place)

Expression Maps, and while we're at it, map them, there's maybe 30 main libraries, as it stands in Cubase and Logic you're asked to map them yourself, or buy a $50 third party pre-mapped extension for Logic/Cubase. Reaper is wounded with it's scripts here, with a system that's like something out of the 90's.

Chunk Folders- This way you can 'archive' earlier versions of a song, as it is I have to rely on my naming conventions, which means a list of stages etc, cluttering up the Chunks window.

The Song Window needs some Love. It's an interesting idea that could be expanded upon, as it stands it's only good as a sketch pad.
Old 7th November 2019
Lives for gear

Let me ask you something....

So, let's say I have a 12 minute video to score. I'd like to set up Chunk 1 as the "Show Reel" with all the music cues and the whole video in that Chunk.

Chunk 2 is, say, CUE 1 of the video. Maybe a minute or so long.

Chunk 3 is Cue 2, and so on.

Is there an easy way to place all those Chunk cues into the Show Reel "Chunk 1" or must you use the song window? I don't have anything against the Song Window per se because I don't remember it from my sequencing days in Performer too well.

Would the song window work for this or if not is there an easy way to paste the separate chunks into that first Master chunk?

Thanks just curious...I do a lot of this kind of thing for one particular client and in PT of course, I have a PT file that is the Show Reel, and then each cue is it's own PT file. Opening, closing, etc.....
Old 7th November 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceantracks View Post
Let me ask you something....

So, let's say I have a 12 minute video to score. I'd like to set up Chunk 1 as the "Show Reel" with all the music cues and the whole video in that Chunk.

Chunk 2 is, say, CUE 1 of the video. Maybe a minute or so long.

Chunk 3 is Cue 2, and so on.

Is there an easy way to place all those Chunk cues into the Show Reel "Chunk 1" or must you use the song window? I don't have anything against the Song Window per se because I don't remember it from my sequencing days in Performer too well.

Would the song window work for this or if not is there an easy way to paste the separate chunks into that first Master chunk?

Thanks just curious...I do a lot of this kind of thing for one particular client and in PT of course, I have a PT file that is the Show Reel, and then each cue is it's own PT file. Opening, closing, etc.....
First off. I'm not an expert on using DP for film, I'm an underground experimantal electro industrial rock musician mostly. I'm jealous of those of you who do film work, hope to do some someday. I've been paid to teach people DAWs and hardware mostly besides my own music.

That said, yes for the most part when consolidating a song etc. if you set up all your tracks in the same order top to bottom you can drag and drop MIDI and audio files from one Chunk into another. the easiest way to me is to have the same layout, then it's just dragging a chunk into the timeline and making sure it's aligned. If you've ever done this between Session and Arrangement View in Ableton Live, it's a lot easier than that!

I like to get an idea of how a composition might go in the Song window then arrange the song in a single window.

I should mention some people use the Song Window for film scoring exclusively, because it's easier to change things at the last moment using it than it is if you have a consolidated sing Sequence.
Old 7th November 2019
Here for the gear

I've wondered this forum QUESTION for many years. Thanks for posting the Q & A

Human nature and the desire to be first, most innovative and associated with what is popular and trending must be separated from the facts of what a DAW has to offer. The "endorsement" and hype surrounding who is "in" and what they are using to make a hit recording holds enormous power to attract a loyal customer base. How many times have I wondered if acquiring "THAT" piece of gear or software would make all the difference in the world??? But this is what makes the gear business thrive, of course. Gear lust and the desire to be on the cutting edge...

I've been riding the Unicorn (MOTU) since 1990 and have remained a satisfied customer ever since. As "Performer" before the "D," this DAW was MIDI only— back in the day (as previously mentioned). It was the first software I learned to use on a computer. I later learned it was considered a "steep learning curve" for a first time computer owner/user... but I didn't know better. There were no Internet forums to share and learn from early-on that I had access to.

Ha! I just recalled in writing this that "long distance" from my home in Calif. to the East Coast and Mass. was quite expensive, then. And to wait for a unicorn herder (tech support) to finish with the previous call could be frustrating; as you watch the minutes tick away... So, it was me, the owners manual and our old friends Trial & Error... "old school education" And let me add, I'm considerably dyslexic—really! Reading a bible sized manual was a challenge. I still haven't finished reading it ;-)

I'm naturally resistant to jump into new platforms; especially if the end result is going to bring me to the same place I already find myself—recording music. So, when temptation arises to take up a new DAW—and I have considered it—I have to ask myself, why? Right now ignorance is bliss. I realize I have nothing to compare DP with in my experience, however, the end goal of each platform is basically the same. And in the matter of a platform being easy to use or understand, becoming familiar with whatever choice you make is fundamental to a DAW preference. I'm not in a hurry when working on a project and I really appreciate the deep detail editing DP provides. It sometimes seems I could split atoms in this software; the fine detail provides that much nuance.

Not having much to add regarding a "comparison" to other platforms, I can attest to the outstanding quality of MOTU's Tech Support. They have always been very patient with the "old guy," who still hasn't learned the correct terminology to explain my reason for seeking support.

There is so much depth to Digital Performer, I will likely never explore it's full potential. So far, it provides me the tools to do anything I have needed to produce music/sound and MOTU has literally decades of product development, both in software and hardware. Nothing pulls the rug out from under you like learning a software you depend on will no longer be supported. A company that stays in the game, innovating, developing and offering up a solid line of products is a significant criteria for me. btw - I don't recall my ancient mythology that well but I don't think Unicorns die. They can be killed but they don't die on their own :-)

To sum up I would use the analogy of moving into a big house or even a large motel/resort. When you first get there it's all unfamiliar. Once you get to know your way around you can appreciate the detail and layout as you have learned how to navigate. MOTU's DP is like a fine older resort that has expanded on its early foundations. In some cases this may not be as streamline as the newly hyped TRUMP properties but in every way DP offers at least 99% of the amenities found elsewhere. I don't know about the other locations but many may only be good for a 3 day, 2 night stay. DP is the destination I have and could live at for a greatly extended stay. I have nothing bad to say about any other DAWs but a lot to appreciate and tout for DP.

IMHO - of course!
Old 8th November 2019
Lives for gear

I'm in a similar boat to you, mate.

I've never even seen another DAW running in real life, not for a second!
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Guru

DP seems to be doing well with consistency of automation in this analysis

the previous three videos are worth a look too
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
If Robert (Admiral Bumblebee) is anything, he's thorough. He's reviewed about every DAW and DP is always near or at the top of his list. Sound quality wise in terms of conversions etc. it's at the top.

I'm really pretty excited to see what the next update brings for DP10. Performer Lite just came out as a free intro version of DP10 along with the M2 and M4 MOTU audio interfaces.
Points to some possible big shake ups-

Clips are coming to tracks in the Sequence Editor window, in Lite they're interchangeable with what MOTU is now calling Notes in a track. So a sort of object or Region based editing, hard to say how extensive it will be? At the very least someone who wants to work with MIDI as regions or clips can us Clips to get the same experience as DAWs like Live have.

In the ads for the M4 they're showing Performer Lite on the computer with a Seaboard Block in front, which makes one wonder if DP10 and Lite aren't going to be MPE capable without the current work around?

Performer Lite also does not have Tabs like DP10's Consolidated Window does, even though it obviously has Mixer, Sequence etc. pages. Tabs are replaced with icons on the top right of the window.

In the Sweetwater video for the M4 audio interface it shows Performer Lite with the typical non region based MIDI track, but it doesn't show Clips and the "Notes" tracks in the same open page.
Seen here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsJi...youtu.be&t=270

So a lot of changes are coming it looks like, all for the better IMO, it even looks less cluttered to me, hopefully that carries over to DP10 "pro".
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by machinesworking View Post
...I'm really pretty excited to see what the next update brings for DP10. Performer Lite just came out as a free intro version of DP10 along with the M2 and M4 MOTU audio interfaces.
Points to some possible big shake ups-

Clips are coming to tracks in the Sequence Editor window, in Lite they're interchangeable with what MOTU is now calling Notes in a track. So a sort of object or Region based editing, hard to say how extensive it will be? At the very least someone who wants to work with MIDI as regions or clips can us Clips to get the same experience as DAWs like Live have.

In the ads for the M4 they're showing Performer Lite on the computer with a Seaboard Block in front, which makes one wonder if DP10 and Lite aren't going to be MPE capable without the current work around?

...So a lot of changes are coming it looks like, all for the better IMO, it even looks less cluttered to me, hopefully that carries over to DP10 "pro".
MOTU Performer Lite is an exciting development!
At this time, I don't need another interface, but I'm still tempted to pick up the M2 just to have access to M P Lite. Would be nice if registered DP users could acquire a copy, even if for a modest fee.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Controller 11 View Post
MOTU Performer Lite is an exciting development!
At this time, I don't need another interface, but I'm still tempted to pick up the M2 just to have access to M P Lite. Would be nice if registered DP users could acquire a copy, even if for a modest fee.
Mostly I want to know if the features are all coming to DP10 "Pro"? Will we get icons at the top of the window instead of tabs? I also like how uncluttered the Lite version looks, and wonder if it will be possible to set up DP10 like this?
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by machinesworking View Post
Mostly I want to know if the features are all coming to DP10 "Pro"? Will we get icons at the top of the window instead of tabs? I also like how uncluttered the Lite version looks, and wonder if it will be possible to set up DP10 like this?
At one time, and maybe still so, new features in Garage Band would eventually appear in Logic. Not sure if MOTU is going down a simiar parallel path, but it will be interesting to watch how this plays out, including what's included in the next DP10 update.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

The way I see it, why would MOTU bother adding or altering features or the GUI if that time hadn't already been spent on the main app? It might just as well have dumbed down the existing build as it did with AudioDesk.

DP Lite, as was the case with AudioDesk, isn't an app that installs automatically on everyone's Mac system like Garage Band. It's only seen by those who buy hardware with which it's bundled, so in this light also it doesn't make good business sense. Further to this, why tease potential customers with functionality that you can't buy from the company?

IOW, I have high hopes.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey Man View Post
The way I see it, why would MOTU bother adding or altering features or the GUI if that time hadn't already been spent on the main app? It might just as well have dumbed down the existing build as it did with AudioDesk.

DP Lite, as was the case with AudioDesk, isn't an app that installs automatically on everyone's Mac system like Garage Band. It's only seen by those who buy hardware with which it's bundled, so in this light also it doesn't make good business sense. Further to this, why tease potential customers with functionality that you can't buy from the company?

IOW, I have high hopes.
Agreed, I expect to see a new update to DP10 in the next few weeks really. Worst case scenario is NAMM. I have to say I am disapointed they've left 10 broken with a bug playing back aftertouch for as long as they have, it's starting to tick me off a bit.

I'm a bit jealous of the model Bitwig and Reaper have with more constant updates, but it's no guarantee either, Reaper crashes every time I try to edit MPE MIDI notes in it's editor right now for instance.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I've been holding off, and just can't stop waffling over the MOTU vs Pro Tools... now that pro tools is $30 a month, i just don't think i can do it, I'm not a pro, so I don't need to woo clients, but I would love to have the portability, and connection to the user base of PT... but I guess being cheap has costs, hehehe... I think I'll upgrade any day now
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search