The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Getting a Buchla Easel
Old 22nd November 2015 | Show parent
Quote:
Originally Posted by MProd View Post
Thanks for your elaborate report. This has cured me from buying one myself. Although my experience with first contact (Alex) seemed fine, your experience says enough. When I asked their opinion on this thread (yes I was in contact and refered to this thread so they were informed) they told me they choose to ignore stories on the web (and are just trying their best). I would advise to take (customer!) stories like this serious.
I believe they are trying. They did compensate me with an iProgram card. However, there is a high bozo factor going on somewhere along the line.

It is a very inspirational instrument. I hope they get back to business fundamentals. 99% of my consternation could have been avoided if they had called me back from one of the number of messages I sent. I mean, I left voicemail.... was the phone and email and website all messed up? Doubtful.
Old 22nd November 2015
Gear Guru

🎧 5 years
I often associate people who do not return messages and phone calls as dodgy, or something dodgy is going on, or struggling financially..

glad it all panned out..
Old 23rd November 2015
Gear Guru

🎧 5 years
first time I've seen on ebay here..

Bemi Buchla Music Easel With Iprogram Card | eBay
Old 23rd November 2015 | Show parent
Maybe someone can get Electro Acoustic Research to put the Voice in manufacturing (if they even exist anymore):

http://www.99musik.se/attachment.php...4&d=1359556420
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Meeker View Post
I believe they are trying. They did compensate me with an iProgram card. However, there is a high bozo factor going on somewhere along the line.

It is a very inspirational instrument. I hope they get back to business fundamentals. 99% of my consternation could have been avoided if they had called me back from one of the number of messages I sent. I mean, I left voicemail.... was the phone and email and website all messed up? Doubtful.
Exactly my point. A simple reply would have made all the difference.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Maybe someone can get Electro Acoustic Research to put the Voice in manufacturing (if they even exist anymore):

http://www.99musik.se/attachment.php...4&d=1359556420
I'm still interested in getting one, though am still concerned about shipping to UK

my parents want to buy me a serious piece of kit and I think I am going blag them for this one.

looking forward to any vids posted on youtube by yourself James and I'll subscribe to your Channel

Richard
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlestickz View Post
first time I've seen on ebay here..

Bemi Buchla Music Easel With Iprogram Card | eBay
Go on. You know you want it. You'll kick yourself if you don't buy it. You can pay the credit card off next year.

Hugs,
Satan
Old 24th November 2015 | Show parent
Gear Guru

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaveItAll View Post
Go on. You know you want it. You'll kick yourself if you don't buy it. You can pay the credit card off next year.

Hugs,
Satan
I would have to sell everything I own pretty much just to get it, and then what, make some west coast style noises wishing I had all my other gear back again...nah not today..

I'm getting closer to my ultimate studio but the easel has no place in it right now...although having said all that, if one was forced to just have an easel, audio interface, DAW of your choice and some nice monitors and nothing else, I could certainly see myself getting every single tiny bit of juice out of the thing, that's not such a bad thing either, I've often said to myself that when I'm really get on in years I'll reduce my gear to a nice poly analog and DAW and monitors and that be it...or an easel..
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
I would have to sell everything I own pretty much just to get it, and then what, make some west coast style noises wishing I had all my other gear back again...nah not today..

I'm getting closer to my ultimate studio but the easel has no place in it right now...although having said all that, if one was forced to just have an easel, audio interface, DAW of your choice and some nice monitors and nothing else, I could certainly see myself getting every single tiny bit of juice out of the thing, that's not such a bad thing either, I've often said to myself that when I'm really get on in years I'll reduce my gear to a nice poly analog and DAW and monitors and that be it...or an easel..
nicely put
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:

Of course, there's the other 5 letter word, Serge.
Quote:
This is wisdom. Planning your studio for the best results based on your proclivities, needs, and workflow is the way. Nothing worse than a few high-flight instruments and nothing to support them, and nothing to record them with.

My setup is pretty well-rounded and getting the Buchla made sense based on what I already have for other instruments (Minitaur, Evolver MEK, Quasimidi 309, two guitars, oodles of software) and recording studio (UA Apollo, KH 120s, Nektar P1 & LX61, more software). Considering I'm picking up an Oberheim OB-Xa in January to take care of my poly needs I feel well-set.
Old 24th November 2015
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
currently enjoying this Buchla clone
Get on it
https://www.native-instruments.com/e...try/show/8123/
Old 24th November 2015
Gear Guru

🎧 5 years
yeah I really want a poly, lately I've been making these bass heavy tracks and I've been reaching for some chords to play over it but I have nothing but mono's and modular..needs a poly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by orwell View Post
Get on it
I think I'm going to have to download that one just for the wave folder!
Old 28th November 2015 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
I think I'm going to have to download that one just for the wave folder!
How is it going?
Old 28th November 2015
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Any "business" that uses a Gmail address, then subsequently blames Gmail for their own shortcomings, is royally screwed
Old 29th November 2015 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by plaid_emu View Post
I still can't believe nobody is making an affordable clone of that gear. I want the Synthi AKS.
They exist. Still not cheap though, there is always a lot of labour involved for the pin matrix. A bit of patience is probably required, too...
Old 29th November 2015 | Show parent
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Analogue Systems has a line of EMS influenced Euro modules.
Nothing is quite like the real thing however.
I've owned modern Buchla and modern Serge, and in the end, if you can afford them they are great instruments. Good sounding, well built (more Serge then Buchla) and inspiring to work with.
Having been through the upscale modulars I must say I'm getting equally great sounds from my Euro system.
I think there is a lot of 'grass is greener' talk about Serge and Buchla - if I only I had Serge and Buchla my studio would be complete, or my music would be better.
Some of the people who own Serge and Buchla are very vocal in claiming they are head and shoulders better than any other synth. They sound completely different and sound much more high quality, professional. In my opinion, no.
Anyway, my message is to use what you can afford, and not spend too much time lusting after Serge or Buchla.
Old 30th November 2015 | Show parent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avon View Post
How is it going?
I'll eventually get to it. Busy end of semester! Plus I have to prep two new classes for next semester. 95% of my life is consumed by the university.
Old 30th November 2015 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
I'll eventually get to it. Busy end of semester! Plus I have to prep two new classes for next semester. 95% of my life is consumed by the university.
I can relate. Sometimes my new gear doesn't get much attention until a break between semesters when I have larger blocks of time.
Old 3rd December 2015 | Show parent
Paired my Easel with a Red Witch Medusa and (more importantly) Echolution2 Ultra. Pretty nice end result.
Old 3rd December 2015
TBS
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
I'd like to pair mine with my hands...if it'd ever show up.
Old 3rd December 2015 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Paired my Easel with a Red Witch Medusa and (more importantly) Echolution2 Ultra. Pretty nice end result.
sound samples would be nice
Old 4th December 2015 | Show parent
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBS View Post
I'd like to pair mine with my hands...if it'd ever show up.
I feel your pain. How long have you been waiting?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiTeR-aR View Post
sound samples would be nice
Fiddlin' around with the Easel and Echolution:

https://soundcloud.com/james-kenneth...la-echolution2
TBS
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
I feel your pain. How long have you been waiting?
Not that long really....but the current state of BEMI's (lack of) communication has me nervous.
Quote:
Not that long really....but the current state of BEMI's (lack of) communication has me nervous.
Yeah, they didn't communicate with me hardly at all. I waited from April until pretty recently. Try these emails--they were the only ones I got results from:

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

In their defense, they did finally deliver my Easel. Sometimes the keyboard is glitchy due to some rather precarious ribbon/wiring inside. I'll probably have to spend money to get the thing 'upgraded' to work as it should. I'd complain to BEMI about it but I don't feel like being given the run around or who knows what else.

Consequently, I crossed getting a 200e off my future acquisition list. It must be awesome to be a business that can afford to lose a 20k sale.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by orwell View Post
Get on it
Just downloaded - thanks for the link
Old 6th March 2016 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Yeah, they didn't communicate with me hardly at all. I waited from April until pretty recently. Try these emails--they were the only ones I got results from:

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

In their defense, they did finally deliver my Easel. Sometimes the keyboard is glitchy due to some rather precarious ribbon/wiring inside. I'll probably have to spend money to get the thing 'upgraded' to work as it should. I'd complain to BEMI about it but I don't feel like being given the run around or who knows what else.

Consequently, I crossed getting a 200e off my future acquisition list. It must be awesome to be a business that can afford to lose a 20k sale.
any updates, listened to your soundcloud stuff, pretty cool
Old 10th March 2016 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
any updates on your prospective Easel?
πŸ“ Reply