The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Do you want a Korg ARP 2600 reissue ? Modular Synthesizers
View Poll Results: Do You Want A Korg ARP 2600
Yes, but only if it´s about $1000
175 Votes - 48.08%
Yes, I can pay up to $2500
122 Votes - 33.52%
Yes , I can pay up to $4500 or even more
25 Votes - 6.87%
No I hate reissues
16 Votes - 4.40%
No , Roland SYSTEM-1 is da FUTURE
19 Votes - 5.22%
No , I already have the original.
7 Votes - 1.92%
Voters: 364. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2nd September 2016
Lives for gear
Where's the "No, because it's bulky and obsolete, and I already have better sounding spring reverbs" option?
Old 2nd September 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEED78 View Post
I dunno - the TTSH sounded ultra clean to me when I heard it. read about it a lot and listened to demos when first lot came out.

If korg do the 2600, no digital reverb to replace spring please!
You are kind of correct...however I have a mod on mine ( I invented it myself... :D ) which is very simple, just two resistors with the same value in parallell instead of one resistor in the mixer section for each oscillator before the audio signal goes into the filter, now you can have a "hotter" input signal to the filter, to have a slightly more saturated vintage sound but still the TTSH is almost too stable regarding the tuning.
Old 2nd September 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertflyer View Post
I agree. But I never slutted over an original Oddysey. So I didn't care how close it was, and I enjoy the karp cause I'm not comparing it to anything.

2600 otoh, I've been wanting one for 25 years. I would also want it to sound like the original.
Itll be close but I dont understand how anyone can completely replicate vintage components on units that differ so much from similar units in the first place, so Id be more than happy with the Odysseys closeness...
Old 2nd September 2016
Lives for gear

I would love one...
Old 2nd September 2016
Deleted User
Hell no, I am hooked on MS-20K
(An album that could not possibly have come out in the late 60's
as the MS-20 had not been born yet).
However, I am "feeling groovy" and "who's walking down the streets of the city?"
Everyone knows its Wendy...
(wait that's another synth brand)
not sure if I should put this or this
Old 2nd September 2016
Lives for gear

It looks like the MS20m could be discontinued so I wonder if a 2600 will replace it. I would totally buy if in the same price range as that.
Old 3rd September 2016
Deleted User
Was not the MS20-m limited edition, like the kit keyboard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kslight View Post
It looks like the MS20m could be discontinued so I wonder if a 2600 will replace it. I would totally buy if in the same price range as that.
Old 3rd September 2016
Can you still buy the TTSH in Europe ready Made?
Old 3rd September 2016
Gear Head

I'd buy a Korg ARP 2600

More than likely they could build a good clone

...and about the size & action factors, I'm more than happy with the Korg Odyssey sliders
Old 4th September 2016
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by roginator View Post
Why not ARP 2800 …

we have original raps and TTSH ..

lets them keep spirit of 2600 and expand to 2800 with new things added to 2600 !!

like multimode filter, second VC LFO , another ADSR, maybe a sequencer , Voltage controlled clock
Now you're cooking with gas. (Or G.A.S.? ) I say feh to a 2600 reissue, but if they built a synth based on that design but kept going, then I'm listening. Right now I think something like the Matrixbrute is much more interesting than a 2600 reissue.
Old 4th September 2016
Lives for gear

An updated 2600 would be even better, but if all they did is throw in midi and USB I'd be happy. As long as they remain true to the spirit of the original and otherwise build a synth to scratch that itch (and man, that 2600 itch is excruciating for me), I'm happy. I welcome all modern improvements as long as they don't change the fundamental character.
Old 4th September 2016
Lives for gear

It's just not useful. Ms20 reissue is not same. minimoog is not the same. it should not BE THE SAME. reselling the past is creative death. be the future or be dead.

I love my 2600 and i use it every day. it's not necessity. I Just Like It. no need for reissues. people can create equivalents in a myriad of ways. It's dishonest to associate mimicry with content ( sound or legacy wise )...
Old 4th September 2016
Lives for gear

Love the Korg sound for the Korg sound and do not understand why they bring more live in there one vintage models .

But voted yes for the people that want new 2600 , there is nothing wrong with new 2600 . Never would buy 2600 due its complexity, price and status it is more professional oriented gear . The Korg could make a big Volca low end 2600 or put some development in there and set in on high level . Than it could be very interesting instrument with real modular sounds .
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search