The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
New Buchla easel!
Old 13th September 2013
Lives for gear
nope, a new one, smaller case, and arpeggiator
Old 14th September 2013 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

I know I could figure this out with a bunch of searching and research, but it seems easier just to ask: if you break the Buchla Music Easel down into Buchla modules, which modules does it contain? Thank You to whomever answers this.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ossicle View Post
I've told myself never to click on the Buchla threads... and I did it again.
I never have for the same reason... until now.

I'm regretting it.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebopcola View Post
I know I could figure this out with a bunch of searching and research, but it seems easier just to ask: if you break the Buchla Music Easel down into Buchla modules, which modules does it contain? Thank You to whomever answers this.
It's basically a single module called a 208. That has everything except the keyboard...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttown23 View Post
It's basically a single module called a 208. That has everything except the keyboard...
It's pretty different to the 208. If there is one module buchla should rerelease it's the 208. Add a 258 dual vco and you have something much nicer IMHO to the easel.
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlmorley View Post
It's pretty different to the 208.
Hi, could you tell us more about the differences between the 208 and the easel ? (putting aside the 218 keyboard)
Thanks.
Old 18th September 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlmorley View Post
It's pretty different to the 208. If there is one module buchla should rerelease it's the 208. Add a 258 dual vco and you have something much nicer IMHO to the easel.
Hmmm not sure I agree? I have the 208r clone and this has been covered extensively on muffwiggler. They are pretty similar, IMO, but the 208 is without the 218 keyboard. The architecture between 208r and Easel is pretty darn close and made to be that way by design
Old 18th September 2013 | Show parent
Here for the gear

208/218 = Easel exact.
Old 19th September 2013
Lives for gear

Well besides the added features they did change one of the waveforms on the oscillator so not exactly a 208
Old 19th September 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

I went to a display of Buchla stuff this past weekend. Really nice collection of stuff. The 200 series looked really nice, really well made. It was hard to resist twisting a knob on it but I managed to no touché pas!

Here is a shot I took of the Easel on my phone.
Attached Thumbnails
New Buchla easel!-img_2374.jpg  

Last edited by Dubtek71; 19th September 2013 at 03:17 AM.. Reason: ...
Old 19th September 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelican View Post
Well besides the added features they did change one of the waveforms on the oscillator so not exactly a 208
Yes, hence my wording 'the architecture of the 208 is pretty darn close to the Easel'
Old 19th September 2013
DAMN. Brain fart.
I was confused.
The 208 IS the Easel guys. The Easel had the keyboard added.
I was thinking of the 212 which is the module Buchla REALLY should rerelease.
My thoughts.
258 + 212. Best system.
Easel. Neat and practical for live but not as musical or nice to work with. All IMHO of course.
Old 20th September 2013 | Show parent
Quote:
Originally Posted by phutureboy View Post
Yes. I had a system with a touchkeyboard, 2 x 258, 212, 245 sequencer and filterbank. Amazing synth. The heart was the 258 and 208.
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubtek71 View Post
I went to a display of Buchla stuff this past weekend. Really nice collection of stuff. The 200 series looked really nice, really well made. It was hard to resist twisting a knob on it but I managed to no touché pas!

Here is a shot I took of the Easel on my phone.
Where was this display at? A music shop?
Old 1st October 2013
Gear Maniac

I have a question about the 218 touchplate keyboard. I see it has dual outputs for "pressure" and "key voltage" but I don't know what the voltage scale is. My question, however, is can the 218 touchplate keyboard be connected to other synth modules via cv/gate? Perhaps with a voltage converter?
Old 2nd October 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Check muffwiggler.com. The first one arrived on Sept. 30th.
Old 2nd October 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotic View Post
Beautiful sound! is this just one voice playing, or did you layer some of them too? Also, which reverb are you using?
I've seen Alessandro live on the music easel here in LA and he was using the Strymon BlueSky reverb pedal. Sounded AMAZING out if a big PA. His buchla record is fantastic. Highly suggest picking up a copy. I believe LA record hotspot Mount Analog has a couple of copies left. Their site is www.climbmountanalog.com
Old 13th October 2013
Gear Maniac

does anyone know if you hear a lot of aliasing when usingi the mod oscillator as an audio oscillator?
📝 Reply