The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Anyone compared the various Moog CP3 Mixer-variants?
Old 14th September 2020
Lives for gear

Anyone compared the various Moog CP3 Mixer-variants?

Now that the Boog CP3A-M module has started shipping, it would be great if someone who has more than one brand's offering would do a comparison.

By my rough count, there's:

* Manhattan Analog - DTM/CP3
* Feedback Modules - CP3 and CP3Plus
* STG Soundlabs - .Mix
* ADDAC - 703 Mixer
* Behringer - CP3A-M

And those built into a few AJH and Manhattan Analog modules like: SVVCF, AJH RingMod, etc.

Anyone here have more than one CP3 variety yet?

If/when you do, please share with everyone.

Thanks.
Old 15th September 2020
Lives for gear

Welp, @ Bignatius I don't have any apples to compare, but this orange is pretty nice.

I tried to configs tonight:
1) patch a VCO to three inputs of a CP3A-M with the built in mult. Bring up three inputs until it distorts.
2) I also fed back to the mixer the inverted output from VCA (CP3->904A->+/902/+), and also a non-inverted copy (+/902/- -> +/902/-). But the phasing didn't sound right - so a bit of research to do.

It will make nice-nice distortion :-) haven't root caused the gain-staging yet. :-)
Old 16th September 2020
Gear Guru

I've only got the Manhattan Analog one and nothing to compare it to, but I love it. It's rad on oscillators before going to a VCA, but it is just filthy on drums. I love that angry little mixer so much on its own merits.
Old 17th September 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post
I've only got the Manhattan Analog one and nothing to compare it to, but I love it. It's rad on oscillators before going to a VCA, but it is just filthy on drums. I love that angry little mixer so much on its own merits.
Love these also. 4hp, less than $100 ... Great for mixing VCOs and creating character, especially those sub outs. I have one that I use pretty much exclusively with the Klavis Twin Wave and another for either the E-352 or Omikron. I wish I had room for a couple more. The Behringer version is 14hp?!? No thanks.
Old 4 weeks ago
I have 3 Boog 921B’s and needed a mixer for a 901A lowpass filter, but the Boog mixer is 14 HP! I need something small to fit in the case, and I found a 2HP CP3 Style mixer from Void Modular on Etsy. I’m happy to say it sounds very vintage, and it distorts nicely when turned all the way up. The Behringer VCO’s are a little on the quiet side and I wasn’t sure this mixer could amp it up enough but it works fine. The mixer has 3 inputs and only 1 positive going output.

www.voidmodular.com
📝 Reply