The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Nice Flexible Eurorack Cables?
Old 30th August 2020
Lives for gear

Nice Flexible Eurorack Cables?

I need to find a new brand of Eurorack cables. I used to always order from Erthenvar, but they are sadly no longer around. I liked their cables because - aside from working well - they were nice and flexible, kind of rubbery, as opposed to the stiffer, more plastic-y cables from some other brands like Ad Infinitum. I think I have some LMNTL cables too, but they are on the stiffer side as well.

Can anyone recommend some cables that are similar to the old Erthenvars? Oh, and I'm not looking to make my own cables. I wish I were more handy like that but I'm not.
Old 31st August 2020
Lives for gear

I have some cables like that from luigi's modular, they are soft and rubbery. Unfortunately they have shut down as well.
Supposedly only for the rest of the year and are planning to return. There are still some of them available on ebay/reverb, not
many, but may be worth a try. Hopefully they will come back, so at least you would know to keep an eye on them.

Ebay and reverb links to the remaining stock is on the page.

https://luigismodularsupply.com/
Old 31st August 2020
Lives for gear

Thanks, pekbro - I'll keep an eye on their site and see if they reopen. I found a company called Boredbrain that makes nice looking cables - I might try ordering from them to see how their stuff is.
Old 31st August 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mule View Post
Thanks, pekbro - I'll keep an eye on their site and see if they reopen. I found a company called Boredbrain that makes nice looking cables - I might try ordering from them to see how their stuff is.
Cool, let us know how they work out. The luigi's cables are my favorites for exactly the same reason.

-Cheers
Old 31st August 2020
IEC
Gear Maniac

these are super flexible, and about as thin as possible, they are in australia tho https://synthcablesupplyco.com/produ...urorack-cables
Old 6th September 2020
Lives for gear

Got the Boredbrain cables and like them very much.
Old 13th September 2020
Lives for gear

FYI: I did buy a few Doepfer cables because they were super long 87", they are pretty thin but
seem to be of good quality, not overly rubbery. TBH I don't like them, but they are specialty cables
for me due to the length anyway.
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear