The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Matriarch (Ambient) Friend
Old 19th August 2020
Gear Nut

Matriarch (Ambient) Friend

Hey guys,

I have a Matriarch which I'm in love with! My intention has always been to develop it further through eurorack and I think I'm ready

As I know is needed, I have an idea what I want to do with it, and as more of an ambient styled creator I simply want a small rig primarily focused on extra modulation capabilties more so than voices which I'm happy (at least for now) are covered by the Matriarch, and FX which I have covered with external pedals (H9 x2)...

In terms of the case type/size, that isn't something I am looking to change, so only swaps if there's something you'd change?

Take a look, and with my goals in mind, praise/criticise/suggest changes etc all as nicely as possible... Please?

If you have any ideas how this rig may interact well with he Matriarch as well and you care to share your two cents, feel free, I'd love to get your input!

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1288308
Attached Thumbnails
Matriarch (Ambient) Friend-image.jpeg  
Old 23rd August 2020
Lives for gear

Looks nice, definitely should cover lot's of modulation territory, if it were me, I would look at some
logic modules or some switching. Though, there is probably some logic stuff in the disting, I don't
have on so I cant say.

Generally, I tend to recommend maze from Livestock Electronics as it covers a lot of bases and is
super cool for being capable of animated signal routing throughout your system. It's also a mixer, vca,
inverter, sequencer, mute and probably a lot more.
Old 24th August 2020
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by pekbro View Post
Looks nice, definitely should cover lot's of modulation territory, if it were me, I would look at some
logic modules or some switching. Though, there is probably some logic stuff in the disting, I don't
have on so I cant say.

Generally, I tend to recommend maze from Livestock Electronics as it covers a lot of bases and is
super cool for being capable of animated signal routing throughout your system. It's also a mixer, vca,
inverter, sequencer, mute and probably a lot more.
The Livestock Maze is something I hadn't really looked at before but seems really versatile!

My aim is really utilities/modulation with a little voice processing/effects for added fun! I'm happy with the matriarchs lush voices so not trying to replace them with other VCO's etc...

This is where I'm at currently:

Any other thoughts would be really appreciated
Old 24th August 2020
Lives for gear

Have you seen the vortex generator? It's a nice smaller and quite a bit cheaper alternative to MATHS.

https://www.tindie.com/products/jc20...eurorack-10hp/
Old 11th September 2020
Gear Guru

My first thought is some reverb/delay would really push you into ambient territory. Maybe keep the original Eurorack configuration since it is pretty solid, and tack on a good reverb pedal like a Strymon?
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear