The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
uZeus enough to power these...?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

uZeus enough to power these...?

Hi folks, I'm thinking of getting a Tip Top uZeus to power my case. Will it be enough to power 6 modules (mostly Doepfer, plus STO, all around 30mA) plus a whole Behringer Neutron?

Cheers!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

uzeus can push 2A (though not recommended to run that much) so it should be more than fine. always a good idea to check modulargrid but in your case, i think it should be fine. do you have the 3000 boost power brick with it? that will provide the most juice to your rack
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian N View Post
uzeus can push 2A (though not recommended to run that much) so it should be more than fine. always a good idea to check modulargrid but in your case, i think it should be fine. do you have the 3000 boost power brick with it? that will provide the most juice to your rack
Hey, thanks for the reply! I'm going to get a 2A power adapter for it, since it doesn't come with one anyway when buying it on its own. I think I'm slowly beginning to understand how the power consumption works, had a look on modular grid, and it seems like it'll be fine, total of 888ma on the +12v rail. Cheers for your help!
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

at under 900ms you will be fine. plenty of headroom. some modules might use more power on start-up or during certain operations so it's always good to have some headroom. my biggest consumption on one uzeus is about 1500ma and half of that are 2 roland airas at 400ma each. it does the job just fine. never had a start-up issue. but i wouldn't go more than 1500(ish) just to have enough headroom for it. some people always run their power supplies at 50% but i think that's a bit low tbh. some guys run them close to max capacity and they are fine.
Old 22 hours ago
Gear Guru

The 2amp power supply in my experience comfortably powers three rows of 84hp. Depending on how much power is needed in that particular rack, this can be made to go much higher, but I wouldn't recommend trying it. So yeah, six modules is no problem for it.
πŸ“ Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
πŸ–¨οΈ Show Printable Version
βœ‰οΈ Email this Page
πŸ” Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
πŸŽ™οΈ View mentioned gear