The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Please advise on what to buy next
Old 4 days ago
Gear Nut

Please advise on what to buy next

So recently I made my first moves into modular world. I have 0coast, with Maths and filter from Make Noise and SQ1. There is also the mighty DFAM.

Now i'm stuck. There is tons of options, and every time i look for something i question myself, do i need this, why do i need this, and never get to buy anything. I want to move away from traditional stuff, get something weird and cool. I'm making techno if that matters.
Money is not the issue also.
Old 4 days ago
M32
Lives for gear

i suggest you look into Noise Engineering's loquelic iteritas.
Also a real power filter like Instruo Io47 wouldn't be amiss.

something unique to eurorack are wavefolders and complex oscillators, so you might do some research on those.
Old 4 days ago
I get a lot of value of of playing with VCV Rack to test ideas and learn about eurorack paradigms. It helps a lot to learn what I feel I'm missing most and what I will use frequently if I buy it in hardware.

Also YouTube has lots of eurorack folk and their videos occasionally make me excited to buy something because I've understood what it is and how I can use it.
Old 4 days ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by sitter View Post
every time i look for something i question myself, do i need this, why do i need this, and never get to buy anything.
That's kind of good, healthy.
My opinion has always been, you don't buy anything unless you are working on some music, find you need to do something and then realise you don't have the tool to do it. Then you buy that tool.

I'm making techno too.

Suggestions.....
Do you have a sequencer?
What about some kind of saturation, distortion - Animal Factory Amps 'Godeater' is fantastic (in Eurorack format).
Noise Engineering Basimilus Iteritas Alter is a great sound source for Techno - drum and percussive sounds (often metallic), plus it can do melodic/weird.
Ornament & Crime is a great multi-utility module - quantiser, sequencer, weirdness.

A dirty and characterful FX unit - Soma Lyra FX is an interesting dirty delay.
Old 3 days ago
Gear Guru

Probably the healthiest attitude of anyone I've ever seen getting into modular. We've all got our preferences and desires to add on to your system, but the ultimate call is going to have to be you, unfortunately. Since you seem to be into Make Noise, what about a Telharmonic, a sequencer, and a VCA? Lots of noises in the Telharmonic and with Maths, it could be anything from melodic to percussive.
Old 12 hours ago
Lives for gear

I suggest the instruo CS-l, because I think it sounds awesome and can be simple or complex. Does a lot for me
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search