The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Convert any samples to the Erica Synths Sample Drum required format
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Convert any samples to the Erica Synths Sample Drum required format

Hi everyone,

I purchased some months ago an Erica Synths Sample Drum, I just plugged it yesterday. Cool module, But the sample format is a bit to restrictive I think, only accept 48000hz/16bit/mono sample, sadly all my sample library was in 480000/24 and i didn't know how i could convert a big batch of samples simply.

So here my solution, download switch converter: https://www.nch.com.au/switch/index.html

You have multiple options to convert your sample in the appropriate format, you can do huge batch of conversion, set the directory output and still keep the folder architecture under the output directory

I've just tried to convert ~8go of 480000hz/24bit stereo sample into 480000/16bit mono and it works perfectly now !

The software is free if its not for commercial use

Cheers,
Khålif
Old 2 weeks ago
I made a BAT file which I can drag and drop any samples onto it and it uses Sox to convert them all to Sample Drum format in a Converted Sub-folder.

I'm away for a bit, but I'm posting here to remind myself to share the BAT file when I get back to my studio.

I think the Sample Drum does play more formats than 48/16/mono but it is optimised for that.

Last edited by ambiguous signal; 1 week ago at 01:19 PM.. Reason: error
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Sometimes you can get Soundforge Pro 11 in a bundle at the humble store for super cheap.
It's 32 bit, still very good though. Batch conversion is a simple matter with it.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Thanks for the heads up. Most of my samples are in 44.1, so if I get the Sample Drum, I'll have to run conversion.
Old 2 weeks ago
You can load lower sample rates no problem, lower than 48k.
I use mine all the time with 44.1khz samples.
You can also load stereo samples, but only one side will load. This is usually OK for drum loop type audio.

Most commercial libraries are 16 bit 44.1khz. So most people will be fine.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisso View Post
You can load lower sample rates no problem, lower than 48k.
I use mine all the time with 44.1khz samples.
You can also load stereo samples, but only one side will load. This is usually OK for drum loop type audio.

Most commercial libraries are 16 bit 44.1khz. So most people will be fine.
Party on! That's even better!
Old 1 week ago
Here is my batch converter.

First you need to install Sox: http://sox.sourceforge.net/

Then you need to put this into a .bat file and make it executable:
cd %~dp0
mkdir converted
FOR %%A IN (%*) DO "C:\Program Files (x86)\sox-14-4-2\sox" %%A -b 16 -Dr 48000 "converted/%%~nxA" channels 1 norm
pause

Place this file in the same folder as sox.exe (& rename it as appropriate). You can then drag and drop a selection of files onto the batch file (or onto a `short-cut' to it). In this example, the converted files end up in a folder called `converted', rem but this, of course, can be changed, as can the parameters to the sox rem command.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search