The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Grandmother has arrived (a.k.a. the ''My first synth'' type of post)
Old 2 weeks ago

Weeks ago I made the typical ''help me choose my first hardware synth'' post. I gave the people 2 option, the Moog Grandmother and the Minibrute 2S, also asked for some extra advice or recommendation. Finally I pulled the trigger on the Grandmother and I'm loving the sound, the build quality, the possibilities, etc. Still learning about it, I'm a semi-novice in this world of synths, especially on the modular side.

I made this post mainly to say thank you to all the people who helped me, this community is great.

Original post: Help me choose my first synthesizer... Grandmother or Minibrute 2S?
Attached Thumbnails
Grandmother has arrived (a.k.a. the ''My first synth'' type of post)-moog-grandmother-2.jpg   Grandmother has arrived (a.k.a. the ''My first synth'' type of post)-moog-grandmother-1.jpg  
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Nice congratulations
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Nut

I've played keyboards/synths all my life and I can assure you the Grandmother is one of the best, a really quality musical instrument, not a toy like a lot of other things on the market. Congrats on a smart purchase!
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear
That is an absolutely awesome first synth. Mine was a Korg Poly 800 when I was 15. Times were different then.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Great choice. What’s next?
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fivewire View Post
Great choice. What’s next?
I'm not sure, for now I just want to learn more about synthesis and enjoy my Grandmother. In the future I'd like to have a poly one and maybe more modules for GM.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut
Glad you listened to me.. enjoy

Try running it through some delay/overdrive/chorus/phaser fx.. even if it's just plugin or daw fx.. you'll be pleased....
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by M_cubed View Post
Glad you listened to me.. enjoy

Try running it through some delay/overdrive/chorus/phaser fx.. even if it's just plugin or daw fx.. you'll be pleased....
Yes brother, I did, thank you.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

That's great, you'll learn a lot about synthesis.

Check out "loopop" on you tube, he has some great tutorials comparing the grandmother to the matriarch

Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp11 View Post
That's great, you'll learn a lot about synthesis.

Check out "loopop" on you tube, he has some great tutorials comparing the grandmother to the matriarch

Yes, that video has helped a lot, Loopop channel is great.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search